Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you guys get around not having front bumpers. Checked our provincial law and it said we need front and rear bumpers

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Laws and what is enforced is two different things.. usually on old cars it is ignored by most law enforcement.. usually the state patrol and highway patrols are the hard asses that will give you grief....here where I live its a lazy woman cop that causes problems...locals can not seem to get rid of her...even though she has a file full of complaints...read small town

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Actually, I prefer having a front bumper on my 53; I just think it looks better. IMHO I think very few cars look better without them; I personally think a 57 Chevy looks horrible without the bumper. Removing them for weight savings I understand though.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Your right on the law enforcement thing. Chicago area its up for grabs. Just like different colored under car lights and blue dots.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree on the looks of the 57 chevy without the pumper, but mine looks beautiful without! hahaha

·
Registered
922 Posts
We've got bumper laws in Iowa but I haven't had any problems. I've only driven the Henry J about 800 miles, but my '36 Ford fenderless pickup has about 25,000 miles without bumpers. Most important rule is Don't do stupid stuff that gets the Cops attention.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts