·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
Howdy Mario thanks for the heads up on this item. I call the person and offered him the money but got told he does not ship. Offer him twice the money for the hood and not the sides don't need the sides. and got told he does not ship all well.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Heck, if I lived back there I'd buy it and stick it in my storage shed! Don't need it, but never know when a buddy might, or I might re-sell it later for some extra cash.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Rik I I'll see what I can do. Are you sure it fits your car? I could just tape it together and hope for the best that it won't get damaged. But the shipping from my job may be costly. Are you sure you want to roll the dice after I buy the hood?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Howdy Mario would like to have that hood. Yes, it does fit my car. It would be a lot simple to separate the sides from the top of hood put in the box and UPS. Would be willing to reimburse you for time, gas, the box, the ride, and purchase of hood.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will see what I can work out Rik. The box will be the most difficult part. Ups is known for gorilla handling. But I will try to do it for you.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hey guys,
I've shipped a few body parts and here's what I've done. It should be a breeze for you Mario with your wood working skills. I go to an appliance store and ask for a discarded appliance box, probably a refrigerator box in this case. Then I built a light rectangular wood frame to the inside specs of the box, placed the body piece inside the frame, tied it with twine inside the the frame so movement was limited, slipped it inside the box and shipped it by ground freight. I've done that 3 times and never had a problem with damage.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys,
I've shipped a few body parts and here's what I've done. It should be a breeze for you Mario with your wood working skills. I go to an appliance store and ask for a discarded appliance box, probably a refrigerator box in this case. Then I built a light rectangular wood frame to the inside specs of the box, placed the body piece inside the frame, tied it with twine inside the the frame so movement was limited, slipped it inside the box and shipped it by ground freight. I've done that 3 times and never had a problem with damage.
That sounds great Steve. we will check out the options.
thanks for the suggestion.
I will check out the hood tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I heard from Rik and he got his hood today. So happy it worked out for him. FedEx ground got there in 3 days. Thats impressive. Glad to help a member in need.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I used to think that only introverted people had online friends but that has changed. There are many benefits to having online friends, so why not add a few to your social circle? The good thing is that it's easier to find people who have the exact same interests as you, because groups tend to be more focused. For example, simply joining a gasser forum. Gasser’s owners will put you in touch with several other people who own gassers as you. You already have something in common, chances are you'll be able to bond. Before joining be sure to read through some of the posts to get a feel for the people involved and how they communicate. Another example, do they ask each other questions, post about issues, offer criticism or comfort? If you want to fit in you've got to understand how it operates. Then be sure to introduce yourself and join. Friends who start out online can often turn into real-life friendships, this is especially true of groups that form online. People generally want to get together and share their hobby with more group-related activities so be prepared to safely meet your online friend(s) when the time is right. THANK YOU MARIO FOR ALL THE HELP

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow what a grand stand announcement that was. Lol. You are very welcome Rik. :)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hey boys, we got a little bromance going here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awwwe shucks. Mongo straight.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Pretty good deal! Wouldn't expect anything less from Mario, and others here too! I know I've been the recipient of Mario's generosity also!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Congratulations Guys!

Another reason, I love this site! Just plain good folks..... :) :) :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts