Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. This is a great forum but you gotta work on the bugs in this website.
Garage section first. Couldn't post a comment on a garage pic
Then there is a problem posting pics from our computers. We have to post one at a time.
It used to let you select 5 at a time per post.
Mario

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I've been having trouble with this forum for months. It's most of the reason I don't frequent it anymore. If I click on a thread it may take 2 minutes to come up, the next click 2 seconds and the next a full minute again. I keep missing the updates on the project threads because I just don't have the patience to wait that long. I brought it up a long time ago in the administration section but nothing has changed. I love this forum and felt I was a good contributing member but the problems I continue to experience has caused me to pass it up much of the time.
Thank you Mario for bringing this problem again to the forefront.

Mark

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Ditto..... With all of the ways other things have been added to the side bars (which work just fine for the advertisers) it would be nice to have the things mentioned above by Mario & Mark fixed. I gave up trying to add stuff like that months ago. Lucky we can still post replies & pictures to the forum.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Not sure what would cause the threads to take so long to open? My connection never takes more than a couple seconds to open. Can't comment on the picture posting, as I use Photobucket to post pictures. Hope the Admin sees this and finds a fix for you though!
I sent a message to the forum administrator in charge, so hopefully he'll look into it, and fix it.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Don't know if this is a help or not. But I also was having issues. I was running XP and then upgraded to Windows 7. I had to also upgrade my system to Firefox to get everything to run properly. Just a thought. I heard that Chrome also works well.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use Firefox and Safari. I use PC and Mac and Apple iPhone.
Slowness is random for me but photo upload and posting in garage is my problem.
Mario

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Thanks Vall.... Now that I am FINALLY heading in a direction I will NO LONGER a have any changes to .... Ha.... I do plan to start a BUILD THREAD for the Opel GT with a hopefully "brief" history of all of the Opel Kadett stuff that happened long before I picked up the tube chassis & then the BIGGEST surprise & CHANGE of direction >>>> finding the vintage Opel GT drag car body.

As many of you may recall I had done a LOT of work on the Kadett Station wagon body prior to,the changes caused by the unexpected acquisition of the parts-from-heaven .... The tube chassis & Opel GT body.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Apple Note Pad

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do have to ask to be sure, what browsers are you guys using when you see the slowness?
KN Community Support
Why is it that when you post a youtube link in the movie thumbnail address line the preview of youtube window no longer shows in the post.
something has definitely changed here.
mario

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Why is it that when you post a youtube link in the movie thumbnail address line the preview of youtube window no longer shows in the post.
something has definitely changed here.
mario

Youtube changed their link system, when posting a video make sure to change the "https://" to just "http://"

KN

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
very good thanks so much for responding. Now I got it to work. i wish this software would upgrade to the latest and greatest. things always changing.
thanks again'
Mario

1 - 13 of 13 Posts