Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Isn't that nice ? it has a heater even. Mine does not. In Texas its not a big deal, except for lack of a defroster in winter, I'll carry a towel. My car as well sold for the same price, he wanted $32.000. And he still has it! I was supposed to get off my butt and get my Mustang GT sold. I have strong feelings for that car, its the most dependable high performance vehicle I ever owned, all its needed in 8 years is a set of tires and a battery. But to bring the Nova home, the Mustang would need to be parked in the weather. I wont do it.

It is a special order car and comes with Ford Racing 4.10's. The little short throw Hurst shifter, "5 speed manual" leather everything, cold air intake, Ford GT throttle body, big injectors, a real cool hand held tuner you plug in under the dash left of the steering wheel. You can program everything on the engine, and it can be returned to stock with a push of a button. Set up to run on 93 octane we have down here. 94.000 miles on it, and its not leaked a drop of anything on its all aluminum DOHC 4.6 engine.

And I hated all Fords my whole life! Never owned one, grew up thinking "Mopar or No car" or give me a Chevy! I always liked the looks of the older fast back Mustangs, and had to admit lots of them were fast as hell. I just figured they would fly apart in a heart beat.

I was stupid, tested this car just once. Bought it on the spot. Mine is a 2007, and it follows along with the 67 model right down to the dash board and instruments. Why don't you buy my Mustang and I'll drive it up there to you. At least I wont have to see it around here again with somebody else behind the wheel!

GT redone.jpg 001.jpg 002 (3).jpg

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warlock I have owned alot of 4.6 two valve engined cars they go like stink for the displacement, the only rub is I wont own a 3 or 4 valve do to the spark plug design, they are a 100k plug but very rarely do they come out for replacement with out breaking off, ford has a special kit for that cause it happens more often than not, the 2 piece spark plugs break off, a lot of guys will pull the plugs at 10k and replace them with some never seize then re-torque them to some really lite spec like 7-8 ft lbs at 100k they usually break or the 3 treads that hold the plug into the head pul,l then the engine comes out, look up online about 4.6 2 piece spark plug horror stories, if its getting ready for plugs, sell it dont do the plugs, just my 2 cents, Lash

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ya I heard of that soon after I bought my Mustang. Doesn't seem to be one of Fords "better ideas". I still have to original fan belt on the car and the plugs have never been out of it. First scheduled tune up is at 100.000. My first car was a 65 Mustang. If it could have even got to 100.000 miles, I would have been amazed. A lot of guys are blowing out the spark plug cavity with compressed air before trying to pull the plugs, because dirt and things get in there and will fall into the engine. And then using various solvents pour into the cavity and hope it gets into the threads.

I would most likely take it to the Ford dealer and let them be responsible. But sometimes that is worse. A friend of mine took his Mustang in for its first tune up. And he didn't trust the dealer, but didn't trust any others either. He put a tiny little black dot with a felt pen on each plug. Picked up the car, and before he took it, he had the service manager come out and look at the plugs.

He told the manager what he had done, and pointed out that none of the plugs were changed and those plugs are outrageous in price plus labor. The manager and my buddy went straight to the mechanic and asked about it. He denied that same plugs were still in the car, and got loud and pissed off my friend. So he told the manager, that he wanted him to personally pull one of the plugs and see if it was new, saying it should be easy to remove.

Unbelievably, he did do it. But he didn't have to pull the plug. He could tell the coil over the plug had not been removed and when he pulled it off it was obvious the plugs were old. He then asked my friend to please wait in his office, and the entire shop and most of the dealership then heard this manager lay into the mechanic so bad they almost came to blows. Didn't fire him. He did however force the guy to replace the plugs and with two people watching him to make sure it was done right. Must be a hard job to do even in the dealership.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We had a German tech at the vw dealer I worked a,t he love doing the 15k services with valve adjust as one thing to be done, he fell and broke his arm and was off for about 2 months, one day the shop foreman was looking for a shop tool that had disappeared, and was also used by the tech alot, so he picked the lock on his tool box.......when he opened up the side storage box about 40 valve cover gasket kits fell out, the a hole was just wiping off the valve covers and putting a paint mark on them, as done, $120 to adjust the valves to the customer that never happened, didnt get fired either, my many years working in the dealers, soured me for ever on them as being reliable and good, certainly not trust worthy, one day I had had enough of bailing the managements dumb asses out of the fire, took all my uniforms and the shirt I was wearing off handed it the service manager told him what to do with it, said he didnt need me, and started calling me the f word and stuff, big mistake cause I had a file on him of repairs that should of been under warranty but he charged the customers and collected from the manufactures warranty, I turned it in to the state attorney who went after the dealer and had to make restitution to the tune of 35K, I was black listed by the dealer chains, so I opened my own repair shop and never looked back,that dealer closed about 2 years later

·
Registered
278 Posts
You sure did the right thing! Nothing like being your own boss, quite an accomplishment. Its a shame so many dealerships are rip off pigs. But you saved a lot of people a lot of money and grief, you did good!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts