Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to buy 48 Anglia floors cut out anybody make replacement or wondering if floor pan from 69 Camaro could be cut to fit or any other body style

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Welcome Popeye, well just a thought but if you have some what the meens to modifie Camaro floor pans, I would fabricate new ones from scratch.... :) there are some companies out there that offer kits like firewall and floor pans from Bitchen.
Post up some pictures so we can see what you your working with ! ! Again, welcome to Gasser's ......

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
When we did the floors on my buddy's '48 Austin we used the donor car's trans tunnel, but fabricated the rest the floor pans from sheet metal. He bought a 2nd Gen Camaro to get the drivetrain, so the Camaro tunnel was a good fit to make room for the TH350 in his Austin. I built mine from scratch on both of my cars, but if I had a donor tunnel it would have made the rest a lot easier.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts

How SWEET it IS!!!!! Plus it's a coupe. Very NICE build. I looking forward to get to where you are one day. Lot of work.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Yes, it is a very nice starting point, but it's an Anglia sedan John. Never made them in a coupe.
Thanks Vall..... It is always a GOOD day when you can learn something new. !!!!!!

SO it is called an Anglia 2 door SEDAN.

Is it TRUE that TWO door sedans are hard to come by..... SAME with Austins???????

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
Thanks Vall..... It is always a GOOD day when you can learn something new. !!!!!!

SO it is called an Anglia 2 door SEDAN.

Is it TRUE that TWO door sedans are hard to come by..... SAME with Austins???????
I see many more Anglia 2 door sedans, than the 4 door Prefect versions. In the Anglia the 2 door had a completely different body style, than the 4 door version. Even different front fenders and grille! They look like they were made by another company, and are a much longer car also!
In the Austin, the 2 door and 4 door cars were the exact same style, and length. On the '47-'52 Austin they had both 2 door and 4 door cars. On the '46 (like mine) they never made a 2 door version. The '46 is the only year that Austin didn't offer 2 doors after WWII. Another interesting tidbit; the early Austins like mine were actually shorter overall length and wheelbase than the 2 door Anglia of the same period.

·
Registered
50 Posts
great photo's and you have the beginnings of a cool gasser there, popeye.
I built one as my second hotrod after the mandatory t-bucket when I was in my twenties and went to lots of rodruns and drag meetings. got it down to 10.9 sec at the drags with a blown 350/pwrglide combo and that's the same motor , I've kept and are putting in my A40 pickup
look forward to lots more progress photos

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your Anglia has the one year only 1948 import model three hole grill shell. The body is a late 48 or 49 with the opening air vent on the cowl sides. The 48 has a clamshell in this area. I had a 48 Anglia street rod with a 350 Chevy, 700R4 trans and Ford 9 inch rear. Also had a nostalgia 1949 Thames race truck and a uncut all original 1949 Thames panel. Use to be an Anglia nut. The 90 inch wheel base panel could be a handful on the drag strip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts