Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to seriously lower the rear of my truck. Front has had a frame graft and lowered considerably. The rear end sits below the springs ( early 60's ford) and doesn't have the room to set the rearend on top of the springs and use a conventional lowering kit. Extended shackels on the rear will only take me down 2". Anything more than that will require cutting on the bed for clearance. I believe we are needing minimal 4"( possible 6") to get this thing level. I do not want to start "c-ing" the frame. My question is...could I flip the front perches ( GIVING ME THE 4) and NOT have intereference with the spring end?...hate to start cutting and creating NEW un-necessary work...thanks guys

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Not sure I can picture what you're working with Bob. Maybe a picture would give a better idea of what can be done.

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
My thoughts are what your saying is if you flip the shackles with the after market they will be to tall to clear the bottom of the bed floor. Will your factory one flip without hitting the floor ? Even if you had to give the frame a slight notch to gain an inch and a half or so. Picture would be great if you get the time ! ! :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry guys, I know how hard it is to "fix" something without seeing it!..( glad there was lights in the room for my surgery..lol).. I still can't seem to get pics. posted here. Maybe it's time to let mama do it. Anyway...what I was referring to, is, the clearance between the coil end of the spring and the perch itself. not much room. When flipping. (180 )...that coiled end would rub the perch (bottom out) under flexing. So....after may measurements, I raised the perches and rotated them so to lower the truck, not bottom into the bed or bind the springs...it's a budget build...what can I say

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Computer stuff is frustrating for me! If it's a car I can figure some way to make it work, but the competer is a whole 'nother story!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts