Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
purchased a 92 dakota, 318 v8 auto , gonna build it as a hot rod for the fact that none has did this before or any that i've seen , my goals is to do a better motor maybe big block ? haven't seen any thing decent to build a 318

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Welcome big ben. Car Craft built a 318 a few years ago and got good power from it, I was surprised. Seems like todays cam and head tech can make power on just about anything. My brother has an older Dakota that was a v6/auto and he put a 318 from a '80 LeBarron in it and it drives great.

Good luck.

Mike

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ben. I seem to remember someone here last year planning a similar build, but never heard anything more about it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks , yeah it's my first dodge, i've done fords & chevy thought I can change it up a bit, not really sure were to start may look for a 360 block I can build or 440, but I
do want a hemi I just love the power it brings

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome and a Hemi would be sweet. A 318 can be built to have fun with. A friend of my son had a built 318 in an early Dakota with a centrifugal blower. That thing made crazy power for a little motor. A 440 will made big power N/A with torque. Lots of room in a Dakota too. Glad you were able to hook up here so have fun here and start a project thread in the project section. That way we can tell you exactly how we want you to build it--JOKING!!!--. Ha! Glad you dropped in.

Mark L

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh thanks lol I haven't seen anyone put a 440 in one but id like to do it with a 727 trans, so any good advice would be great before I go around buying just stuff lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here he sits now haven't done anything but shocks,rack & pinon, & tires it's my daily driver it's got a front seal leak (not bad) but it's gonna be a got rod something different I haven't seen anyone do

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts