Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every body. I have been pretty busy working on house lately and getting ready soon to build my carport into a two car garage. I am building a 12X 20 shed / Man Cave in the back yard which will be nice I bet.

I installed a set of LED replacement tail lights I got at Classic Industries this evening, and they look a lot better when on. Cant really tell the difference when there off the tail lights look just like the originals did. My stock tail lights looked liked tired candles compared to these and nobody will not see my brake lights that's for sure.

Best of all, this evening I finally got my first engine build pictures of my 434. The video of it running should be Thursday when they break in the engine on the stand.

I'm pretty excited about the whole thing, I figure it will run pretty fair if it will hook up.

DSCN0927.jpg DSCN0928.jpg DSCN0929.jpg DSCN0930.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Nice very nice but it is missing a gear drive so it will whine like a banshee going down the road, like the tail lights, good choice and idea. is there some loose wiring coming off the battery that needs attending to???? dont think we have seen the trunk inside yet very nice, love the red back side of the lid, pics of the new building are ok here since it will be housing a Gasser.....................lol good to see you back

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Hi Gary,
Looks like it's shaping up to be a nice build. I notice it's a late model block with the bolt bosses in the lifter valley. Just out of curiosity is the engine builder using rollers that will utilize the stock type lifter retaining hardware or is he going with one of the older styles with link bars or saddles? Can't wait to see and hear the break in video. After the break in are they going to do an engine dyno? I'd love to see the HP and torque that motor is putting out.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Ditto what Steve says about a dyno video, good audio is a must........

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice very nice but it is missing a gear drive so it will whine like a banshee going down the road, like the tail lights, good choice and idea. is there some loose wiring coming off the battery that needs attending to???? dont think we have seen the trunk inside yet very nice, love the red back side of the lid, pics of the new building are ok here since it will be housing a Gasser.....................lol good to see you back
Well first, thank you very much for the kind words. And ya the battery rack looks crappy as hell. It is supposed to be running two of those gel cell expensive batteries. When I first looked at the car both batteries were there, when it was delivered, just one was there. Some lame excuse about needing a battery for something and forgetting to put it back when done. Never offered to make it right, and I let it go before I knew how much a new one costs.

That's the nature of the wild ass wires all being stuck on one battery at the moment.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Gary,
Looks like it's shaping up to be a nice build. I notice it's a late model block with the bolt bosses in the lifter valley. Just out of curiosity is the engine builder using rollers that will utilize the stock type lifter retaining hardware or is he going with one of the older styles with link bars or saddles? Can't wait to see and hear the break in video. After the break in are they going to do an engine dyno? I'd love to see the HP and torque that motor is putting out.
Yes sir the block is from Dart as are the heads and intake. They took there 427 and machined it into a 434 before sending it to The Engine Factory to build. I don't know sir what type of retaining hardware that's used or I missed it. I know there is a long ass list of goodies that went into the engine. I don't think they will do a dyno test, but not sure. I have only seen engines test ran on a stand set up, and the horsepower is listed as 550 with 530 pounds of twist. Pretty low rpm, engine red line is 5.800.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
You got Torque you dont need the 7,000 plus revs........... I bet with the right tires your going to be looking at sky on a hard launch......As jimi henderix would say excuse me while I kiss the sky............lol....as far as your comment in another post..about not building it, owner ship has been a big joy for you and that is what really counts and the joy shows in your posts.............

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Gary,
Please, please, please don't call me sir; as the NCOMs' in the Army used to say, "I work for my money". 5800 RPM is all you'll ever need. Did they give you a graph showing you the projected HP and torque profile? With that light a car and that torque number I imagine you'll be able to nail it in high gear and light up those tires.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gary,
Please, please, please don't call me sir; as the NCOMs' in the Army used to say, "I work for my money". 5800 RPM is all you'll ever need. Did they give you a graph showing you the projected HP and torque profile? With that light a car and that torque number I imagine you'll be able to nail it in high gear and light up those tires.
Ya Steve its a burden of mine I have carried with me since I was a boy calling people sir or ma'am. I called a young lady ma'am at the doctors office as I was paying my bill last week and she gave me a mean look!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You got Torque you dont need the 7,000 plus revs........... I bet with the right tires your going to be looking at sky on a hard launch......As jimi henderix would say excuse me while I kiss the sky............lol....as far as your comment in another post..about not building it, owner ship has been a big joy for you and that is what really counts and the joy shows in your posts.............
Oh I am real glad about the relatively low max rpms needed. More like 5.500 will be the max for me. I cant imagine how under stressed that little Nova is going to be on the street, but I bet it will get my full attention! . Lash, thanks I appreciate you can see what a big deal this is for me. And it looks like before long, I wont have to dream about it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
You will like the torque. My chevelle is a lot heavier and I couldn't believe how it performed. You've got a really nice gasser there, you ought to be proud.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You will like the torque. My chevelle is a lot heavier and I couldn't believe how it performed. You've got a really nice gasser there, you ought to be proud.
Thank you very much. I had an idea when I began to look for this car to build something like a 1/24th scale model car of a 62 nova gasser I had when in high school. "long time ago" My model car had huge injector stacks sticking out of the hood, and for a very brief moment I considered that, then recovered. I have the "proper" deep red window tint that will be applied in the shop while the new engine and 2004R are installed. And if money allows, a set of Cragar S/S wheels all around for that proper old school look, and in any case they have always been my favorite wheels.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
You are moving right along. The motor looks great. Can't wait to see you on the road. Maybe catch you at the Lonestar Roundup next April.

·
Registered
922 Posts
That's a beautiful engine. With that deep pan, make sure you have plenty of clearance between it and the axle, tie rod and drag link.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The engine looks great, can't wait to see your posts of it in the car and running! Ought to be lots of fun

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all very much for the kind words and support. If the engine gets run in on the test stand today and I'm sure it will, I would guess that next week it will ship to Texas. I was told last week that they were ready for me, in the shop. It just may be finally, that I will be hittin the road in a week or so. I will post the video of the engine in action if I get it today.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You are moving right along. The motor looks great. Can't wait to see you on the road. Maybe catch you at the Lonestar Roundup next April.
Crap, I didn't even know there was a Lonestar Round Up! I will look into that right away.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You guys going to Lonestar Roundup in April hope to have my car done by then
That's a great idea! I did check that out, and to my shame didn't know about it. Looks like two days of fun. I could just drive there, but will need to trailer it so I will have my pick to sleep in the Nova is too narrow to stretch out. Maybe we could run up there together I'm on the way to Austin.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts