Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
How much weight do you think you will save? I sure do love those fenderwell headers.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I wont save much maybe 20 lbs all total , it had clear Plexiglass quarter windows so I just halved the weight of the door and vent windows. I need to redo the headers they are not equal length two tubes are 48" and two are 36" on each side. My engine man says I need 32" tubes and longer collectors.

How much weight do you think you will save? I sure do love those fenderwell headers.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Love the look! Wish that Oregon would allow colored glass, I'd swap mine out or tint them red or yellow. Idiots wont let us run any of the good colors!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Started some body work I've been putting off cause I thought there would be a lot more rust.:D I used front wheel opening from cut off of a friends Falcon gasser built and moved front of opening about 3" forward. Nobody makes 65 Comet quarter parts!:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First coat of paint is on it will need some touch up then on to the easy side for wheel opening stretch. I started hood replacement on tow car LOL;) I repaired header rear bracket and will do solid motor mounts next on Comet

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Judd, what are the two black stripes just behind the rear window on the Comet? Just curious. MArk L

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Paint looks great! Like the lace on steering wheel cover too. They seem to almost be a period item as much as anything, and they feel better than a bare wheel too!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
OK, I never saw those on a Comet before. Interesting thought proccess back then. The picture looked like you had cut slots in the deck there but for the life of me I could not figure why you would do that. I was afraid all the work had gotten to you and you were going to run a big flat ricer wing and the struts were going down into the trunk at that point, LOL!!! Mark L

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mark

I couldn't aford the fart can muffler to go with it! :)

I was afraid all the work had gotten to you and you were going to run a big flat ricer wing and the struts were going down into the trunk at that point, LOL!!! Mark L[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hey don't knock it!! Fart cans are worth 300 HP. LOL--cough, LOL!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well one step forward two steps back, it looks like I blew the motor today at street racers haven! It blew the pvc valve out of the valve cover and shot oil out on fender and pass door and looks like the motor is locked up.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
UH OOO. Having too much fun. I hope it's not too bad (read that as too expensive). Let us know what you find. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I feel your pain! I took the weekend off to go visit my son, but before I left I started disassembling my engine to change the cam. Found more bad new in my pass. cylinder head. The roller rocker had somehow worked it's way off the top of the intake valve and wore out the roller, plus it tore up the end off the valve stem!
Now I have to pull the head also and swap out the bad valve, plus toss these darn rockers and go back to stock type rockers. Hopefully I can save and reue my tud girdles. If all goe well I wont be down long, but I sure hope it' the last time for awhile!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts