Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hope it fits in.. a little different than the average gasser on this forum, but still.. :p

Its a -58 with suicide doors. Stock weight: 1290 lb
I bought it as a nearly complete original car. It has some dents on the drivers side, but nothing critical, and its almost free from rust.
Im converting it to use a VW T1 transaxle and a T1 engine hopped up to around 2000ccm. Actually i will have two engines, different setups - one oldschool engine with carbs and high compression. And the other is an injected turbo engine - aiming at around 400 hp.

I havent done too much yet, but its stripped down inside, and i have started to cut out the entire rear. Soon to start working on the cage.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hope it fits in.. a little different than the average gasser on this forum,

Its a -58 with suicide doors. Stock weight: 1290 lb.....I bought it as nearly complete original car. And the other is an injected turbo engine - aiming at around 400 hp.
MARIUS & MARIO ...... MARIO & MARUIS ...... small little cars + short wheelbase + light weight + lots horsepower = One WILD Ride !!!!!

One thing about this forum ..... everything FITS in here. That's what makes the GHR forum so different than others. We just love hot rods no matter what shape or form.... no matter what make or model.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Oh crap! That thing is awesome. Be a heck of a wheel stander with even a small block in the back seat :) I am guessing that the injected motor should make it use those wheely bars too though.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Fast - Different & Fun

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Marious. Great little car to mod. I've always wanted to build a fast VW. The sounds and the fury of those little things always intrigued me. Some of th ebest looking drag cars are VW powered Carmin Ghias and bugs. The 600 will fit right in there. Looking forward to watching your build. Mark L

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Yes, you gotta love it. I think I saw the same car in Daytona last week. Is this the same car?

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot guys! :) I'll keep posting pics. I really hope i can have it driveable before August...depends a little bit on the money i guess.

mmhotrod; that has to be a 500...its even smaller :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts