Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Fenton ever produced a 4 speed shifter ? I'm dying to chop the handle off a 3 spd shifter and mater it to my hurst mechs. :D

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Cannot recall that..... Honestly, never thought of anything other than HURST when it came to shifters along with the "other products" Hurst offered......

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
After looking at that picture ......we were discussing what !?!?!?!?! Oh yeah shifters ;)
Those were the Days my Friend ........ I saw Linda Vaughan at the Hot Rod Magazine "Homecoming/65th Anniversary Show" in Pomona, CA back in March. She is still making apperances at many hot rod shows, drag races, etc

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if Fenton ever produced a 4 speed shifter ? I'm dying to chop the handle off a 3 spd shifter and mater it to my hurst mechs. :D
Yes they did.........at least back in about 1975, they did. I put a Fenton 500 4spd shifter onto a Muncie 4spd trans I put into a 56 Ford pickup. I took out the 3spd trans that a previous owner had put in, coupled to a 327 from a 67 Camaro.

I chose the Fenton because it was beefier than the Hurst and just looked better made...........and at HALF the cost. Never regretted it. That shifter handled bang shifting like a champ. :)

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I recall the Fenton shifters but always have used Hurst shifters.

Thanks for the info & welcome to the GHR Forum.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just as a follow up I have scored a Fenton 4 spd shifter. I'll post pics when I get back home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts