Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Patriot headers usually has the best prices on raw headers along with a good selection and are available almost everywhere.

·
Administrator
13,197 Posts
Speedway carries a set unmarked for brand. Hooker and Hedman both sell them also. Unfortunately nobody sells cheap ones for a Nova. Here's the cheapest by Speedway:

If I was doing a Nova, I'd be tempted to buy the Tri Five chevy fenderwell headers at Speedway for $239, and see if they'd work. Not sure how much different they are? Especially if the Nova is a straight axle car where it has less things to clearance for. The Nova headers always have a huge hump that goes up quite a ways, and I see all sorts of room under the tubes where they could go lower.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speedway carries a set unmarked for brand. Hooker and Hedman both sell them also. Unfortunately nobody sells cheap ones for a Nova. Here's the cheapest by Speedway:

If I was doing a Nova, I'd be tempted to buy the Tri Five chevy fenderwell headers at Speedway for $239, and see if they'd work. Not sure how much different they are? Especially if the Nova is a straight axle car where it has less things to clearance for. The Nova headers always have a huge hump that goes up quite a ways, and I see all sorts of room under the tubes where they could go lower.
That's what I thought about trying, since nobody makes headers for this combo. The Speedway headers are for a small block, and yes I have a straight axle car.
Thank you so much for your input, I appreciate it.

·
Administrator
13,197 Posts
I missed they were for a SBC. Guess the Speedway search function bit me again.
I've never understood the disparity or lack of supply in various fenderwell headers? I still can't understand why Tri 5 fenderwell headers for a SBC are so much higher priced than the BBC for the same vehicle are? And from the same makers too.
And of course the lack of headers for some very popular vehicles also puzzles me. Then I look at things like the Patriot, and no name fenderwell headers labeled "Fat fender Chevy" and see the ridiculously low prices and scratch my head even more? I paid $107 shipped to my door for polished stainless fat fender Chevy headers for my '39 Chev build.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have the same headers Vall does. nice stuff and chea

I missed they were for a SBC. Guess the Speedway search function bit me again.
I've never understood the disparity or lack of supply in various fenderwell headers? I still can't understand why Tri 5 fenderwell headers for a SBC are so much higher priced than the BBC for the same vehicle are? And from the same makers too.
And of course the lack of headers for some very popular vehicles also puzzles me. Then I look at things like the Patriot, and no name fenderwell headers labeled "Fat fender Chevy" and see the ridiculously low prices and scratch my head even more? I paid $107 shipped to my door for polished stainless fat fender Chevy headers for my '39 Chev build.
p.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts