Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good source for 1961 Falcon fiberglass. I need a one-piece frontend and doors. Thanks

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Can't get either link to work Mike. They both come up as "web page can't be found". US Body is crazy high priced for their stuff, so I hope it's hand laid! They don't show a one piece frontend, but do have fenders and hoods that could be glassed together.
http://www.usbody.com/
http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/

Another source is Unlimited, but they don't have a great reputation for nice fiberglass parts.
Nobody seems to make a one piece frontend for our early Falcons anymore.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Try just the showcars-bodyparts connect you have, they have a one piece front end for $889 (60-62). Also have a front end wrap (dont know what that is) for 64-65.

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Thanks Mike. Took me awhile to figure out how to find their catalog. Wonder what the difference is between '61 and '63 with a glass frontend? The grilles are different, but I don't know them well enough to see the differences otherwise. Unless it's just the bump and fake "scoop" on the hood?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'm not sure Vall. I thought 60-63 were all pretty close in looks. I'm sure there is some Ford folks out there that can school us non-believers in Ford lore. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 1960-63 frontends are all very close. I could work work with a 62 or 63. Thanks for the help with this.

Vince

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Try just the showcars-bodyparts connect you have, they have a one piece front end for $889 (60-62). Also have a front end wrap (dont know what that is) for 64-65.
This is what they are referring to as a "wrap". Frontend, minus the hood, but with the grille:

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
I just got a reply from these folks to an inquiry i sent them. The prices on their site are incorrect, as they state $879 for the one piece frontend, and it's actually $1095. Shipping estimate to me was $325 on top, so I doubt I'll shell out that coin for a glass frontend. I may consider building a mold and making a glass frontend later, if I get bored or tired of tilting the steel!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did some research and found a lot of complants about that company. So I guess I'll pass and the search is still on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts