Gasser HotRods banner

521 - 533 of 533 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Always fun too watch Bill..thanks for sharing...but I think you need a blower on your ride...The kid didn't piss his pants..............lol

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #525 (Edited)
Last night, after working nearly two weeks I finally got the fuel filler hose with the fuel return bung installed so that it worke3s reasonably well. Was able to fill the tank with the pump at half volume without interruption or kicking off. The fuel inlet on the tank is level with the Gas Cap Filler mount on the car. Without extensive body modifications, it is nearly impossible to mount the filler tube to get more than a level position visavis the fuel tank inlet. Adding the return line to the inlet hose created n issue with the fuel flow in the inlet overcoming the capacity as the fuel tended to flow back towards the gas cap and to remain in the tube. With the constant presence of fuel in the filler tube, the joints in the filler tube eventually leaked. I took the line out, installed a new bung in the filler tube that is pointed towards the fuel tank inlet, hoping to reduce the backpressure flow coming towards the Gas cap and to realigne the filler tube so it would drain completely. Was not totally nsuccessful in any endeavor but now at least the tank fills really easily without constantly kicking off the pump, and the backwash of fuel in the filler tube stays at 1/8 inch or lower.

The car seems to run better, less cavitation and aereation in the tank. I am still looking for a way to extend the inner portion of the return fuel bung to the bottom of the tank. I am looking at a new filler tube arrangement that runs the return through and down to the bottom of the tank through the filler inlet. Another approach is to modify the fuel sending unit so the return line does not run through the filler tube at all.

IMG_7505.jpg IMG_7586.jpg IMG_7612 2.jpg IMG_7658.jpg Leak fix.jpg

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #527
Any interest in a series of builds for 27, 32, 33, 34, and 35 Fords. I have a friend that has the molds and we are starting to built a 34 Tree Window Coupe while he is moving forward on the 32 Ford Roadster that is already mounted on the frame.

IMG_7742.jpg IMG_7745.jpg 32 Roadster Mold and Frame.jpg IMG_7647.jpg IMG_7739.jpg

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #532
Completed Demolding the 34 today. We thought it was a pretty good effort and we’ve certainly taken some pretty copious notes on things we need to improve on. We are excited about the body. We will need to put the floor pan in next and do the doors, and trunk with liners

IMG_20210130_102259259.jpg IMG_20210130_102330419.jpg IMG_20210130_102318940.jpg

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #533
I was always thrilled at the ZZ Top Hot Rod. My Son-in-law is a talented luthier so I asked him to match my 33 Ford with a Stratocaster style guitar. He built this over a period of time. It was the first time he ever matched the autobody colors and I think his work turned out extraordinary. He still needs to set the guitar up so I haven’t got my hands on it yet but I am seriously stoked about the end result. Some of the details aside form the obvious Ethyl peghead, the 33 on the body also includes the grear shit knobs, and the pick guard made like a 33-34 Ford grill. The electronics are high end. I asm expecting this to be a killer guitar.

Attachments

521 - 533 of 533 Posts