Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
You can regulate it all you want the simple fact is the rain forests are being hacked down...this is are true protection from global warming....replant and you will cut the problem by 70% politicians are a bunch of lazy stupid asses that dont know shit. I was a smog tech for the state abatement program in California at one time...it was about the money and had nothing to do with the car at hand...some smoked as bad as a chimney, but would still be ok as long as the emissions, 02, co's, hc's where within a polluting range spec. there are 2 strokes still running all over central Asia that one moped is equal to 50 of are cars... dumb asses

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed :(
This bill will never pass, they've tried this before, and they'll try it again. The performance industry is far to big for them to handle. SEMA is just one of our best defense at a vocal point, but to think they can stop all the manufactures from earning a living, and that's not even them considering they have the car owners them selves to fight against. It's there loosing battle.... :)

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
The problem is we all know they're idiots, and thus you can't teach idiots. They'll continue to try this, regardless of how many times they get shut down. Just takes a few years for the next batch of idiot bureaucrats to try again.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
They make me laugh. They worry about cars on the roads and last December I flew south to Florida and witnessed 3 levels of air traffic just within reach of my eyesight. Imagine what's going on across the nation in our atmosphere. Jet fuel spewing exhaust out at ridiculous amounts. So let's stop the race car mods. That would do it. ..........I think not.

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gary, back in 2005 I got a visit from the head of inspection to discuss what Pa. has called MV426 form. It's was a form we would fill out to apply for street rod tags. We had a great chat, and he told me he was headed to SEMA to help petition against the EPA from yet another attack on all performance motor sports. He said this wasn't his first time, and most likely not his last. So as many times they loose, they still come back. He explained, they have no one to answer to so they just run a muck. Seems as though, there is always someone, somewhere, trying to take something away from us just because......

·
Registered
655 Posts
There is a lot of car people out there with a lot of money and pull. Jay Leno for one. This will never pass. I've known of several incidents where they came in all gun ho and end up having a little meeting, money was passed and they are gone. It's money, they were at our dealership, oil in the stream behind our building, lots of problems with drains, anti freeze, you name it. Had a little meeting, dug a small hole and a ditch behind the shop, threw in some gravel, covered it up, problem solved. It's bull shit like everything else the government is involved in. Stealing legally.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Authortarians just can't leave us alone. I'm heading over to sign the petition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I've learned to not use the phrase "it'll never pass here". We had a state assembly man here in Calif, a Democrat by the name of Dick Floyd who had a hard on for bikers, was a typical career politician who was nothing more than a whore (IMHO) who had sold his soul to big money. Thanks to him California bikers had the helmet law rammed down our throats. He authored the bill with completely false statistics, lied through his teeth during committee hearings and because at the time he was a senior assembly person he was able to bully all the other assembly members to vote to pass the bill. We had a lot of people with a lot of money fighting this law to no avail. Once a law is on the books it's next to impossible to get it reversed or amended.
What I'm saying is all it takes is one politician with a hard on for hot rodders and enough clout and we could very well be screwed.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I just got an e-mail response to signing the petition and it's getting more clear to me now. My take on it is that Obama has set outrageous standards for future fuel economy and emissions and plans to use this to pad the numbers, and make it look like the higher standards were successful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts