Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone had any experience with the Edelbrock TR1YX tunnel ram. I found this one buried in my garage that I think I bought new in 1980. Are they worth anything? The top is an Edelbrock 7032.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I can't tell you anything about it, but it looks cool as hell....

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Ditto on that. Maybe I'm imagining things but It looks a little shorter in the open plenum area than the later tunnel rams so Im thinking by the top plenum area it may be more low end torque than the weiand tunnel ram that's out now or even the edelbrock one. I would call edelbrock tech and ask them what it was made for or what combination did they intend to use with that one. If I didn't already have the offy 2x4 already I would consider buying it from you.
Let us know what you find out.
mario

This one is on ebay now over 200 bucks bids not over till tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Ditto on that. Maybe I'm imagining things but It looks a little shorter in the open plenum area than the later tunnel rams so Im thinking by the top plenum area it may be more low end torque than the weiand tunnel ram that's out now or even the edelbrock one. I would call edelbrock tech and ask them what it was made for or what combination did they intend to use with that one. If I didn't already have the offy 2x4 already I would consider buying it from you.
Let us know what you find out.
mario

This one is on ebay now over 200 bucks bids not over till tomorrow.
Surprisingly, the smaller plenum seems to have the opposite effect on low end torque. If you look at the old ads when they built both race tunnel rams, and street tunnel rams, the race were the smaller plenums designed for high rpm engines, and street were the large plenum tunnel rams.
My personal experience with both styles has found the larger plenums work better on the street, and give more low end response. My Holley Pro Dominator has a very small plenum, and doesn't have the low end response of the later tunnel rams with big plenums. The new Edelbrock race tunnel rams have very little plenum at all. Seems the taller, larger plenums, just allow better fuel/air mix also before hitting the runners.
Since Edelbrock still makes this tunnel ram under the part #7110, it's value used isn't huge. The new ones are identical, and sell for around $389 at Summit. I see them used for around $200-$250, but a LNIB might get a bit more.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Well said. I digress. Lol :)
Mario

1 - 5 of 5 Posts