Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
13,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the latest edition of HotRod magazine revealing Edelbrock's entry into building a Holley clone of the 4150. Supposed to be a 650, 750, or 850 cfm variations. They did some changes like making the base plate integral, and some metering block changes. Otherwise it looks much like a typical Holley. No mention of pricing, but it will have some parts that wont interchange with a Holley 4150.

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
I wonder if any of it is interchangeable?

·
Administrator
13,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if any of it is interchangeable?
Article said it uses several common parts that interchange with Holley. Not metering blocks, but jets and power valves. Also the bowls interchange, but dual feed lines do not. Have to use the adjustable dual feed lines for Holley, as spacing is different.
Not sure if spray nozzles are the same? Body on the Edelbrock looks like sintered metal, and I believe making main body and base one piece might be stronger as they claim, but betting it was actually done to save money.
It will need to be proven for at least a couple years before I'd consider it, and then be cheaper than a Holley. No price mentioned so far in the article, or at the Edelbrock site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts