Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happens quite frequently lately, and irritates the heck out of me. Some sellers on Ebay list parts for sale, and in the shipping details they boast of "free express delivery". Items showing 3-4 day delivery, but seems this is just a scam to get buyers to choose them vs. others selling the same parts and showing realistic shipping times.
I purchased a set of brake pads for my OT car on Mar. 6th, and seller listed "express shipping, 4 day delivery guaranteed". I figured they wouldn't ship until Monday the 7th, but be 4 days after that date. Instead I get a notice my brake pads are shipped, and will be delivered March 14th.
So I contact the seller when I get the FedEx tracking number, and ask why it's going to take a week, and they reply that they have no control over weather or road conditions. I sent a reply and asked how they can issue a tracking date and predict there's going to be a weather or road issue before the part even starts it's journey to me? And said their advertised 4 day guarantee was simply false advertising to get people in a hurry to buy from them over others.
They finally gave in and sent a reply stating they were sending my complaint up to upper management to address changes in their shipping details.
Seems so common for Ebay sellers these days to just outright lie, and Ebay doesn't hold their feet to the fire for doing it on their listings.

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i only deal with people with high numbers on ebay . helps weed out the cons .
This seller actually has high numbers. Not just a high percentage, but enough sales I felt comfortable buying from them. I refuse to buy from anyone who doesn't have something close to 99%, and a lot of sales too.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Depending on the part, just buy from Rock Auto. If you know what the part originally is for. They also have pix of the actual part.

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depending on the part, just buy from Rock Auto. If you know what the part originally is for. They also have pix of the actual part.
I've done Rock Auto once, and wont ever use them again! Bought 4 parts to assemble the E brake on my 10 bolt axle, and shipping cost more than the parts did. They shipped from 4 different places, and each charged me $5-$7 per piece.
Rock Auto has no parts. They're a middle man where you order, and they drop ship from various vendors to you.
Wont get stung by their high priced shipping again!

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
I have had good and bad delivery times from Rock Auto. When I need something right away sometimes takes too long. It’s all in the drop shipping time frame and now after the economy shift I wouldn’t expect anything to get delivered as promised anymore. Even Amazon prime is not fulfilling their their guaranteed 2 day anymore. Although sometimes they still make it 2 day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've done Rock Auto once, and wont ever use them again! Bought 4 parts to assemble the E brake on my 10 bolt axle, and shipping cost more than the parts did. They shipped from 4 different places, and each charged me $5-$7 per piece.
Rock Auto has no parts. They're a middle man where you order, and they drop ship from various vendors to you.
Wont get stung by their high priced shipping again!
I second that motion - Last July I paid for overnight Fedex - by the tracking history Fedex screwed up I should have had the blower motor for my Silverado on a Friday - I got it the following week (Tuesday or Wednesday) . I contacted Fedex as I had paid for overnight. Fedex said they could not refund me the freight - that I would need Rock Auto to file the claim. Okay, I contact Rock Auto - they are just plain nasty. They said they do not file claims with Fedex because Fedex gives them a lower freight rate in turn for not filing any freight claims. I was told not to bother them again. FINE I will never buy from them again either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts