Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on about a 70 mi. round trip Tuesday night to a cruise night for a shakedown run and everything went fine. I started loading my car tonite . Friday A.M. I'm heading out for the Meltdown Drags in Byron, IL. I won't be racing but I'll still be there. The weather isn't looking too bad so I hope to have a great time.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Gary,
That photo is super cool. I've got to figure out a way to photo shop my car into it. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos from the event.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Gary, I (the GHR Member formely know as "OpelGasser') am glad to see your Henry J out & about. I have missed so much being away from the Forum for so LONG !!!!

GREAT PICTURE..... I can see why you had to make the stop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The only pictures I took at the Meltdown was of your car. A very nice build. I'm planning on using the same seats in my J. Only not a gasser. I have a friend who is building a J gasser and he has the SAME wheels and tires on the back. He just has finished the chassis and has everything else to do. I'm going to show him your car to keep him going. This is my car.

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice. I don't know if I was around to talk to you, so many people. I did talk to a guy that has a J about 20 mi. away from me. Seemed dumb to drive 180 mi. and meet someone that lives so close.

The pic I posted I had to resize for here. I don't want to resize them all so I tried to upload them to a public Photobucket folder. It's not going well. I hope I can get it done.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gotta do this the hard way.

Some that have been here a while might recognize the black Mustang as being Powrshifter that used to be active here. His 1st launch his spring perches let go and his axle rolled up till the pinion hit the floor pan and broke the u-joint loose.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Gary,
Thanks so much for taking the time to post all of the terrific photos. I think now that I have my Willys pick up running that my favorite photo is of the Willys pick up in the last group.
You saved the best for last!!

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Thanks for the pics Gary! I recognize some of the cars from sites around the net. The primer red Nova in post #16 is a fella I know from Eagle Field and Riverdale Dragstrip.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts