Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's the dealyo. I was going through some of my old stuff and came across some old gasser and racing dvds:

1) Winged Express high lights, none with Wild Willie though
2) Simply labeled "Nostalgia Drag Racing".
3) 2006 Gasser Reunion Thompson Raceway; the first I flew back for.
4) Title: HOT ROD, Nobody Beats a Hemi Willys. I purchased this on Ebay years and years ago; I'm sure it's a boot leg copy. It's a movie worth at least one viewing. It's got some actors who were early on in their careers.

I'll send these to the first member who responds to this thread as long as you agree to repost to this thread when you're done watching and send it to the first member who responds to that post and so on.
Respond to this thread so the other members can see who's getting the dvds and then send me a private message with your mailing name and address and I'll get them out to you within a couple days. I'll post a tracking number so that you can see where it's at.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike,
Looks like you get them first. I got your private message with your address, thanks. I'll get these out by the end of the week. It'll be interesting to see how this idea plays out. Oh yeah, I'll be interested in your (and hopefully other members) review of the movie, enjoy!!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Mike,
Check your PM box, I sent you the tracking number.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Vall,
I was getting rid of a bunch of stuff and instead of throwing these away (I'd forgotten I even had them) I thought that maybe some of the other members might enjoy watching them and then pass them on.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your Turn Mike

Hi Mike,
I got the email from the Post Office showing that they finally delivered the box. I paid for 2 day priority shipping and what'd it take them, 6 days? It was only $6 but it still isn't right. Anyway, throw some popcorn in the microwave, pop a cool one, enjoy them and don't forget to post what you think of the movie.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Yep, got em last night. Plan to watch them this weekend. I will post up for the next person when done. Thanks again.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Steve, this is a great thing you offer to us, I appreciate it. I would like to get in line and get a turn whenever that may be

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Be the First to Respond

Hi Craig,
It's out of my hands. When Mike is done with them and he posts on this thread who ever responds first is supposed to be the next member to get them. Mike was the first to respond to the post so I acknowledged that and asked him to send me a PM with his delivery info. I thought doing it this way was best because then the whole membership has an equal chance and can also see who has them.

I'm absolutely loving your build!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sounds good Steve, I'll keep an eye out for Mikes's post. And thanks for the compliment on my build! The great thing about this site is being able at look at everyone's creativity, and to share your own. It educates and motivates. It's real hotrodding

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Ah such a great weekend full of old movies and great racing. Head full of Nitro fumes and header noise!!. Whoever would like these great DVD's next, jump on here.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
OK, I'm ready who's next?
1) Winged Express high lights, none with Wild Willie though
2) Simply labeled "Nostalgia Drag Racing".
3) 2006 Gasser Reunion Thompson Raceway; the first I flew back for.
4) Title: HOT ROD, Nobody Beats a Hemi Willys. I purchased this on Ebay years and years ago; I'm sure it's a boot leg copy. It's a movie worth at least one viewing. It's got some actors who were early on in their careers.

I'll send these to the first member who responds to this thread as long as you agree to repost to this thread when you're done watching and send it to the first member who responds to that post and so on.
Respond to this thread so the other members can see who's getting the dvds and then send me a private message with your mailing name and address and I'll get them out to you within a couple days. I'll post a tracking number so that you can see where it's at.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Way to Go

Mike,
Thanks for keeping it going. So, what did you think of the movie. Kind of fun but really made on the cheap right.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I thought they were pretty good. The Hot Rod movie had a couple of slow spots and it died at 1:01, but I nudged it fast forward to 1:03 and it picked right up. Well worth the effort.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
First to respond gets them on there way to you.....my wife never wants to hear crackle sounds again ...........LOL

1 - 20 of 34 Posts