Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ririlior77 get rid of this guy. you admins on the server level need to be more careful with who gets to sign on to this forum. The forum admins have their hands full. Take care of this waste of time on the server level and scrutinize who gets to become a member. Make them post vehicle info and pics before they become a member.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Hey there,

Please understand that we have plenty of forums in our large network, so it's hard for us to Admin member by member.
The mods on this site do a very good job of watching over the site.
Can you please clarify what the problem is with him? The more info you give us, that better we can assist you.

Richard.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there,

Please understand that we have plenty of forums in our large network, so it's hard for us to Admin memberwoouu by member.
The mods on this site do a very good job of watching over the site.
Can you please clarify what the problem is with him? The more info you give us, that better we can assist you.

Richard.
People that sign on using generic names and don't post auto related avatars are coming here with advertising posts and virus infected links. Something has to be done to filter this. Requirements need to be stricter. Our administrators on the forum are having to deal with this on a daily or at least weekly basis. We have a good thing here and the admins do a great job but it seems there are those using this sight for other reasons. Give the admins a break. It can't be enjoyable for the admins to be having to deal with hackers and people abusing the sight rules as soon as they sign on. As it is the photo upload window has been compromised and doesn't work at full potential. No one seems to know how to fix it.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Thanks Mario!
Yes, the Autoguide Administrators are busy, and have a lot to look after. BUT, they are employees paid to look after the sites, and we as volunteers have had a lot of slack to pick up recently. The problems are often our responsibility as volunteers to take care of, and I agree we need a better check to ensure those signing up are here for the right reason!
We made some changes to eliminate some problem users who continually signed up under the same name and added links to their first post that were spam. But even after one of the paid employees banned their IP address, they recently returned with the same ad, only typed out their info so as to avoid a link. I requested the classified section require a 10 post count before a user could post in that area, but got no response at all from Autoguide.
Personally I'm getting pretty frustrated trying to keep the forum free of spammers. We need to tighten things up, and need more time spent by paid Autoguide employees, not just myself to be the watch dog.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thanks for the work Val and Mario!!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Haven't been here in a while. Took like a month to get back on. Now that I'm back it sounds like it maybe a GOOD THING that it took so long!!

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Thanks Mario!
Yes, the Autoguide Administrators are busy, and have a lot to look after. BUT, they are employees paid to look after the sites, and we as volunteers have had a lot of slack to pick up recently. The problems are often our responsibility as volunteers to take care of, and I agree we need a better check to ensure those signing up are here for the right reason!
We made some changes to eliminate some problem users who continually signed up under the same name and added links to their first post that were spam. But even after one of the paid employees banned their IP address, they recently returned with the same ad, only typed out their info so as to avoid a link. I requested the classified section require a 10 post count before a user could post in that area, but got no response at all from Autoguide.
Personally I'm getting pretty frustrated trying to keep the forum free of spammers. We need to tighten things up, and need more time spent by paid Autoguide employees, not just myself to be the watch dog.
I apologize for the lack of presence we have had here. feel free to message us or post in the staff area and we can work on any issues that need to be taken care of. thanks for letting us know.

~Shane

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We got another one here. "andrrison"
Bounce him guys. the name shows a defiant attitude. Don't he get it. we don't want him.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts