Gasser HotRod Forums banner
441 - 460 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #443 ·
ET Team 3 Wheels certainly are nice, but not for the budget minded.
Man, I love those rims. I am definitely budget mined. I am keeping my skinnies up front which is a chevy rally rim, and I really like the 15x10's out back. Maybe I just should look at some 15x8's

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Man, I love those rims. I am definitely budget mined. I am keeping my skinnies up front which is a chevy rally rim, and I really like the 15x10's out back. Maybe I just should look at some 15x8's
I think the old steel slots you found will be a good look with slots up front. Nit sure how the tire and wheels fit the rear yet, but as long as they don't stick out way too far they should go well with your build. I like the rear tires out a little, but more than about 2" doesn't look right to my eyes. I prefer about 1"-1.5" usually.

·
Registered
661 Posts
How much are you asking for the centerlines?
I have to check bolt pattern. also wheels have been drilled to screw in slicks. So tubes will be needed.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I have to check bolt pattern. also wheels have been drilled to screw in slicks. So tubes will be needed.
Since tires don't seal on the outside where screws go through, they should still hold air without tubes. Tires seal on the lower part of the wheels, not the vertical edge.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
How do you feel about Torque Thrust D wheels? If you're interested the seller might dismount the old tires. If you don't like the 6" front ones you could probably resell them and pick up a pair of used 4 1/2. He's asking $450 for the set and might be willing to sell just the 10" rears. Not sure where you are Dave but I recently bought a pair of Torque Thrusts (now I have a full set with the peaked spokes and a 5 1/2" BP for my truck) from a seller in New York and the shipping by Grey Hound to SoCal was $110. Just a thought.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #448 ·
wow! I like those. I wonder if he would sell just the rear rims. I am in St. Louis so it is not too far at all. Oh crap, I did not know little rock was in California too!

·
Registered
180 Posts
do what i did to find the ansen slots in 15x4--put a "wanted to buy" add in craiglist auto parts.
heres my add from maui hawaii....

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #450 ·
well then guy won't ship those rims. Back to searching again.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #451 ·
well, not a lot getting done this past weekend. I got my PCV valve in and hooked up to the back carb, aligned my trunk up and installed Jeep type hood hinges to hold the trunk down. I also got my bumper painted and insta
lled.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #453 ·
Nice job is that a 3 inch pipe ????? how did u attach it the car??
Thanks! It is a 3 inch ID pipe and I welded 1/4 inch plate to it and welded and bolted it to the back frame crossmember. It had a hole perfectly in the middle and left/right sides.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #454 ·
Only got Sunday to work on the car, got all lights working, my horn hooked up, and scrubbed the grill clean of most of the rust on it. I am getting close to starting it and maybe by next Sunday I can.

Tried to upload a video, but no luck. but they all work!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #455 ·
I was out in the garage messing around while waiting for my new parts to arrive and I thought I would start chipping away at my to-do list. I am almost done with the wiring except the dash lights and I got to thinking if they go out, it is going to be a pain to get to them to change the bulb. At least for a big fat guy like me. So I had some 12 volt LED bulbs sitting around and I got to thinking I could use them instead of bulb. so, here we go-

First I got the original wire out of the socket. Then I flipped it over and using the correct size drill bit for the LED, I drilled through the bottom into the inside of the socket. Now, one of 2 things can happen, it can all fall apart, or the actual socket part that holds the bulb stays in. Either way it will still work. Insert the LED through the front of the socket and out the back. I used super glue and an accelerant I got at Hobby Lobby. If you use super glue but do not use the accelerant, you have no idea what you are missing. Cures the glue in seconds. Once the glue is set, they can be used in the dash and probably be there forever. I also use them for my license plate lights Hope that makes sense!
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Electrical wiring

Automotive tire Asphalt Rim Gas Automotive lighting

Light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Audio equipment Gadget

Light Automotive lighting Audio equipment Automotive tire Line

Oil Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wood Gas

Circuit component Automotive lighting Automotive tire Line Electronic component

Liquid Bottle Bottle cap Solution Fluid

Cloud Automotive lighting Wood Sky Tints and shades

Automotive lighting Sky Street light Cloud Astronomical object

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·
I also have been working on a gauge pod for my oil and water gauges. They will be outside the car in front of the windshield.

Motor vehicle Gauge Automotive design Measuring instrument Automotive tire

Light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Rim

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Good luck with the gauge pod Dave. I hope you have better luck with interior gauges mounted exterior than most guys have! Or at least avoid water when washing, or getting caught in the rain occasionally! Had them in chrome waterproof pods on my '71 Camaro, and always bagged the gauges when washing my car. But the lens still fogged up, and took days to eventually dry out.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #458 ·
Good luck with the gauge pod Dave. I hope you have better luck with interior gauges mounted exterior than most guys have! Or at least avoid water when washing, or getting caught in the rain occasionally! Had them in chrome waterproof pods on my '71 Camaro, and always bagged the gauges when washing my car. But the lens still fogged up, and took days to eventually dry out.

I love that Camaro! I am going to have an abs backplate to close the holes up a little and like you, bag them when I wash the car.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Gorilla super glue. My favorite. Cool trick with the LEDs Dave. Nice job.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #460 ·
Got the gauge pod all done and I think it turned out pretty cool.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Textile Mode of transport Automotive design

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

441 - 460 of 463 Posts