Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I am looking to make an old style gasser out of my 67 olds cutlass - GM A body frame.
This will be for minimal street duty. I plan to race the car when possable and wanted a diffrent look.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks for the information. I have been hoping to find a complete kit to include the frame extension that is already engineered.
in the interior where i live there are no shops that could or would build the frame extension.
If anyone knows of a complete kit please let me know.

Thanks

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I think if your plan is to stub the frame, then your best bet would be to cut the frame at the firewall, and find out what size box tubing will be the closest fit to slide inside, and build your own frame rails. Once you've got them slid inside the old frame you can make up any differences with plate, and plate the adjoining area where they mate also. Then a Speedway or donor axle can be mated to the new frame rails quite easily.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Just a quick youtube search yielded this video that is mostly still shots put together, but it shows the basic process Vall is describing. Looking at some of the photos or build threads on here will also give you some ideas. And by all means, ask all the questions you want. There are some sharp individuals that frequent the site.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Hey did you try Art Morrison Enterprises. They have A body jigs set up already and they might make you frame rails to match up what you need.

http://artmorrison.com/homepage2.php

1 - 8 of 8 Posts