Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Not a bad looking car. 15 grand is reasonable for all it has.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Lash,
Two things I notice; it almost looks (to me anyway) like he did some type of body lift because there doesn't seem to be that much of an arc in his springs for that height and that huge motor isn't sticking out of the hood. Then there's that big ass brake power booster and yellow painted master that stick out like a sore thumb. Is it those or something else?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah, weird. Definitely a body lift rather than suspension/ chassis work. If you look closely at the one photo, you can see a "grill" of sorts made out of screen protecting the radiator well UNDER the front bumper. (Or where the bumper would be)

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Is it the angle cut on the tilt knose?

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
It looks like the builder built a chassis without ever fitting the body to it. Then he dropped the body on the frame and realized it wasn't going to sit up in front the way he wanted it to. So he simply lifted the body to the stance he wanted, and built some mounts to hold it there. I'd have preferred it lower in front, and to have the frame hanging down and exposed like that!
At least you can paint the master, and marhyde the interior door panels. Fixing that frame is gonna be major work!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup its a tilted body lift on a tube 2x4 frame.... frame is parallel to the ground....very similar to what I have done with my truck....my truck has a 3 inch body lift with a 4 inch suspension drop in the rear making the frame level with the ground after the front axle install....it equals a low CG and less likely to roll over since the heavy part the frame and drive line is lower...I figure with the weight moved up cab and bed, and lowering the frame and drive train will counter one another and the handling will be not so bad due to the lower CG...it made since at the time I did it....maybe not...head banging on wall....I will say that he made some weird choices...but that makes the world go round....talk about weird..a Ranger Gasser

1 - 7 of 7 Posts