Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that Pro Steve is in Sprint Car country I wanted to share a project I built in my shop. It's of a 1/2 Scale Radio Control Dirt Sprint Car. This is about as realistic as Radio Control gets. I have a kit comming back from powdercoat next week, so I can post more pictures of the kit being built. It will be on ebay after it's assembled.
-Bryan

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the specs on the RC Sprint Car:

The car is powered by a stock 5HP Briggs and Stratton Racing Go Kart Engine
Body: 6061 - T6 Aluminum .040 thick
Chassis: .625 o.d. x .065 wall mild steel tubing. This Frame is built the same as a full sized Sprint Car Chassis
Rear Gas Tank: Molded Fiberglass
Steering: Handled by two Hobbico CS-80 servos
Brakes: Applied by one Hobbico CS-80 servo to Go Kart Disc Brake
Throttle: Activated by one Futaba S3104 servo
Front Suspension: Totally adjustable torsion bar
Engine: Briggs & Stratton Raptor 5HP Racing go-kart motor
Solid Rear Axle

The car is a blast to drive. It's SUPER realistic and people usually get a kick out of these cars. I've built a few of them now. I plan on documenting the next build on facebook. I'll post pics here as well.
Bryan

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Bryan I'm having a hard time believing that car is not a real full size sprint. ;) so let me get this straight .... It's a FIVE HORSE POWER , and its remote ...... Holy c*^~'*
So I have to ask if you took the remote out could you actual drive it ? I mean it has to be pretty big to fit a Briggs in there. That's pretty darn cool if ya ask me. ;)

·
Registered
699 Posts
Looks like a cool build and a lot of fun! I could imagine how much the local police would like me driving this thing down the road.

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
Looks like a cool build and a lot of fun! I could imagine how much the local police would like me driving this thing down the road.
Wouldn't that be funny! So the local police sees that thing going down the street and hits the lights; you remotely make it pull over and he walks up to see NOBODY at the wheel! Then you hit the throttle and away you go! He's probably thinking he's on Candid Camera! :) :)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I foresee a new racing Series......They are awesome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts