1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
They are awesome tools, and not only save time, but save your hands too! I'm amazed how long the edge stays good on the tool too! I've never replaced mine in almost 20 yrs. Watching the sharp edges just spiral off as you pull it down the edge is amazing the first few times!
Got my first one when I was installing a new electric service at a sheetmetal shop and the guy saw me filing the sharp edges of the new panel box. I was in awe as he showed me how it took the sharp edge off!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Yes... a nice tool. Had one where I used to work.

It is a tool I could use. There will always will be tools that can be added to the tool box.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I saw this tool and wondered how handy it was. I need to get one with as much drilling and minor metal work I have been doing. It would be easier than using the file I've been using.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I saw this tool and wondered how handy it was. I need to get one with as much drilling and minor metal work I have been doing. It would be easier than using the file I've been using.
Harbor Freight sells a "pneumatic file" that I also thought would come in handy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
One more for the deburring tools

These are sold as knife sharpeners all over the place and the higher end versions typically have carbide "blades" to sharpen knives. They also work tremendously well at taking the burr of both sides of a piece of sheet metal at one time and protecting your hand in the process. I see them from 8-20 bucks all the time.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
Neat! I've got several around that I sharpen knives with, but never thought about using them to deburr sheetmetal edges!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts