Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some auto archaeological investigation two weeks ago similar to what Mark did in his other thread. I was driving along the highway in Mass when I spotted two round taillights in the bushes. These cars are about a mile from my house. My wife and I went to investigate a week later and we found a bunch of old cars. I was able to identify a Falcon 4 door, Dodge wagon, Mercury Monterrey, Impala and a Studebaker wagon with sliding rear roof. The rest are really rusted and difficult to figure out. It was really interesting and I talked with one of the police officers in town. They are going to figure it out. I asked if they do, if I can take some of the steel wheels as I am looking for some 15's and I found a good set. All in all a great find.

Falcon on top of a dodge wagon.

Mercury and Impala

Chevy

Who knows...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Different angle on the Merc

Impala

Falcon

Pile of cars

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Studebaker Wagon roof on bottom of this picture.

Fins!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Isn't that fun? It's fun climbing down and looking over the wreckage. Looking for any usable pats and just figuring out what the cars are. That shot of the fin looks like a '58-'59 Rambler. We are setting up to go on another auto archeological trip soon. Mark L

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it is amazing. I think the cars have been there a long time. I have one of the police officers in town doing a bit of investigation for fun. I brought him down there and he enjoyed crawling all over them. It was sad to see these cars in such poor shape. A few of them would have been really cool to own.

Mark, can't wait to see more pictures. When I lived in El Paso I found a few weird places near the Franklin mountains with abandoned cars and foundations for houses. The southwest has some interesting things in the desert.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts