Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, new old guy here. Builder/owner/driver of a '39 Chevy gas coupe, Vet's Tribute car. Started an album if you want to see some pics. Looking forward to the chit chat and latest gossip. May be at Thompson Saturday and doing a show in Sunbury on the 8th which is a benefit for a soldier killed in Afghanistan and the Ohio Fallen Heroes Fund. Pretty late so Roger & out for now.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Welcome..... Used to own a '40 Chevy...... would love to have it back!!!!

We are also planning on going to Thompson for the Gasser Nationals.

Thompson is about 2 1/2 hours from where we live. Been going there for years. Like stepping "back in time" to the "golden days" of drag racing.

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Welcome Dave! What a great traditional gasser! Especially like the tribute to the military theme. The shot of your car and Bad Banana at Thompson is great!

·
Registered
643 Posts
WELCOME STRAT99!

I like that classic look!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome Dave and thanks for giving of yourself. I remember seeing your car before and thought it was exceptional. Very happy to have you join our little tribe here. Enjoy your stay and get us more info/pics of that '39'er. Mark L

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome aboard Dave. Awesome old Chevy and thanks for your support for our troops! Lookin' forward to getting to know more about yourself and your Chevy Gasser..... :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcomes

Hey everybody, new old guy here. Builder/owner/driver of a '39 Chevy gas coupe, Vet's Tribute car. Started an album if you want to see some pics. Looking forward to the chit chat and latest gossip. May be at Thompson Saturday and doing a show in Sunbury on the 8th which is a benefit for a soldier killed in Afghanistan and the Ohio Fallen Heroes Fund. Pretty late so Roger & out for now.
Thanks guys for all the welcomes. Looks like I won't make Thomoson this weekend. Bucyrus Sat, Sunbury Sunday. Be at Thompson for the Spring meet next year. Won't be long til these leaves start dropping, bummer.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome Strat99, to the GHR from deep South Texas I am also new to this forum. You have a great looking gasser theme congratulation. The fat fenders Chevy Coupes have not been the subject of many intensive, high-buck builds. But in this day of daring to be different, it’s not what you start with that makes the difference: it’s the result that will really be remembered. Great car Dave.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts