Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No car cruise in shows yet here, but the weather was so nice we got together for a run up the Columbia River Gorge Saturday. Three of us in our gassers cruising up the windy roads to the Vista House made quite an impression on the weekend sightseers and got a lot of thumbs up and questions whenever we stopped.
At the Vista House there were a couple groups of tourist from Asia that took pictures posing with the cars, and seemed to find them a lot of fun. An Austin A40 pickup, '56 Chev sedan, and my Austin A10 seemed to all be a hit with the travelers.
As usual I forgot the camera, so I got this picture off the web to show the Vista House and some of the roads we traveled:

After leaving the Gorge we traveled south about 20 miles to Sandy, Or. through more winding up and down roads. and ended up at the local A&W for lunch. The trip along the Sandy River is windier and more up and down than the trip up to the Vista House, and was a beautiful drive!

Headed home after eating, and a great day of just enjoying the cars and the rural scenic areas.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
What a great cruise road, and destination. Had to fun as all get out to have the mini caravan of Gassers. I'm jeolose but happy for you. MArk L

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Vall, After the past few weeks, it's great to hear you are "enjoying" the "Mouse Trap." I'm sure it's a blast to drive the roads and enjoy the beautiful scenery. I look forward to possiblly seeing that part of America some day. It would be a long ride in the Morris though. :)

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a very scenic and enjoyable ride! Just kinda cruising along with an occasional little blurp of the throttle as you exit the corners into a straight stretch! Weather hit about 82 degrees Sat., but a little cooler in the woods on this route.
Next weekend starts the car show season with two shows. They're fun too, but not as much fun as putting miles on the cars!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yeah, thanks for making me homesick and jealous at the same time! lol

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
We have also had pretty warm weather for this time of the year making everyone anxious for going to car cruises, shows, swap meets, etc.

Well..... yesterday 2 FEET of snow fell just north of Pittsburgh. Today the weather is suppose to be back in the low 60's again so all of the snow should be gone by tomorrow.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys are getting some wild weather back there John!

Here's a picture Jeff took with his cell phone at the Vista House stop:

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I'd love to see those three coming down the road. The doubletakes have to be everywhere. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kinda funny, because they usually see one and it get's their attention, then they spot the others and start hitting their friends to get theim to look. :)

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
You guys are getting some wild weather back there John!

Here's a picture Jeff took with his cell phone at the Vista House stop:
Yes.... actually we missed most of it. Only saw cold, snow flurries & lots of cold rain. About an hour drive from where we live there was over 2 FEET of wet heavy snow that fell over night. Today it is going to be in the 60's again so I'm planning to work in the yard & in the workshop.

Thanks for the GREAT pics of your ride into the mountains.

How is the "Mouse Trap" running????

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Mouse Trap is running good, but now I've got an issue with coolant. I seem to have a leak somewhere that I need to discover! I had to add over a gallon of coolant yesterday and I see no sign of where it went. Checked the breathers first, to see if it was in the engine and all looks fine. Checked the heater core as I did smell some coolant while driving. I think it may be something as simple as a bad radiator cap, as the only thing I see is signs of coolant having trickled down the side of the radiator tank. No coolant sitting anywhere on the engine or frame to point me towards something so far.
I'll drive it again today before the rains start and stop occasionally to see if I can discover the leak.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like a great line-up. I know that I did a double take that time I saw you and the blue one going down Lombard. They are definitely a site to see.

Mike
We just need another to make it better! Hurry up and get the '55 going and join us!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
I was just out in the shop with my brother showing him the progress (yeah) on the '55. Did some bench racing, kinda fun. He was down in PDX for some training for his job and stopped by on the way home.

Gotta get that %$#@ Benz outta here. I am putting an Art Morrison front suspension under it. Gonna take some time.

Thanks for the encouragement, though. Appreciate it.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That Benz sounds like it's turned into way more than you originally planned! Hope your sis is excited about the changes!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts