Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or are people pretty proud of their junk here in the northeast. I was looking at parts like rear axles and engine parts on craigslist and find parts going for twice or more than what I would think the market is for that item. A stock 8.8 for 300+ bucks? Non running 351w for 500? Are you serious? Used 9 inch with the only upgrade being 4.10 gears for 1100?! When i sell my stuff i try to keep it right around market value. I guess i would be a terrible businessman because I don't gouge people. Im glad im noy in the market for yhat junk, because it is so outrageously priced.

I guess i better shut up now and get back to work on my pile of gold.

·
Administrator
13,578 Posts
I price my stuff to sell, so I don't have to have it on CL forever. If the first guy buys it and it goes fast I can end the ad and get back to working on the cars.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly! I didn't buy a whole lot when I lived in Oregon, but the guy in Albany that sold mustang parts was pretty reasonable when I got interior bits and pieces for my mach 1. I sure do miss home!

I price my stuff to sale also. I sold a lot of parts on a different website this fall and winter. I have a few more parts to go, but the market is not like it once was for some of the cobra modular engine parts. I think the emergence of the coyote 5.0 put a dent in that market. I probably won't own another modular engine for a long time so I am getting rid of it all.

·
Administrator
13,578 Posts
I've always had the attitude that a $100 part is only worth $100 once it's sold. If it's sitting there it's not worth a dime, and not doing me any good. I'd rather get $80 for a $100 part and have the $80 to use towards my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts