Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't make any earth shattering finds myself, other than a 1/4 sheet of 1/8" aluminum sheet for $5, and a Mitotoyu dial caliper set in box for $20. But saw three cars that seemed too good to not be sold right away! One was a gorgeous 1962 Pontiac Catalina 2dr hdtp., with the factory 8 bolt aluminum wheels, and 389. All original, except for shaved door handles, and a very nice white repaint. Metallic blue interior, and only asking $7500.
Then sitting next to it was a first year 1964 Valiant Barracuda, with 273 V8, and extra running motor, little rust in the hood, but brand new spare hood, all for $2,000! One of supposedly only 600 made with both Valiant and Barracuda markings!
And what I think was the bargain of the show. A 1965 full size Ford Custom 500 2 dr. sedan, with original 289 and C6. All original car, very minor rust spots, with pretty decent interior, and a great runner/driver (according to the sign) for only $2400! It just screamed "sleeper" if the 289 got pulled and a big Ford dropped in it, and left the rest stock!
Even when I don't find much, I love seeing what's for sale at these swap meets! If space and money weren't in the way!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Glad it was worth the drive Vall....I almost went I mapped it out...but the wife and I had to go do our medical policy renewal and didnt get done till the after noon

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Those cars do sound like a good deal. You don't hear of deals like that anymore.

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bummer Lash! Wish you could have made it! It was not very time consuming. We left Portland at 6:00 a.m. and were back home by 11:00 a.m. About 90 minute drive each way, so a couple hours to see everything.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Those all sound like good deals. It was a great day for it too... I don't need more cars, fewer would be better... Was at the swap on Kalama in the rain and sold some stuff. Heard some guys talking about this Falcon gasser with a big block Chebby in it. Knew it was yours. Missed telling them that, I was tied up. You are (or your car is) pretty famous. Hard to miss that one.

Mike

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those all sound like good deals. It was a great day for it too... I don't need more cars, fewer would be better... Was at the swap on Kalama in the rain and sold some stuff. Heard some guys talking about this Falcon gasser with a big block Chebby in it. Knew it was yours. Missed telling them that, I was tied up. You are (or your car is) pretty famous. Hard to miss that one.

Mike
Hey Mike! I was planning on going to Kalama, but then the weather turned! That's funny about the Falcon gasser conversation! Last week at Beaches a guy showed up with another Chevy powered first gen Falcon gasser! I talked with him two years ago when I first brought the Falcon to Beaches, and he took a bazillion pictures of my car, and said he was going to build one. The finished car was very cool, and although a SBC/TH350, he did an outstanding job of implementing the same frame mods I did on mine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts