Gasser HotRods banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Administrator
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Navigating Thread Listing

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.

- Cricket

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Are you referring to the orange loading bar?

- Cricket
Yes but it must be loading something I’m not aware of. If I post it flashes and keeps flashing.
if it can be a normal progress bar with the slide across it would be less annoying.

I just posted this message and it flashes non stop afterwards. It’s actually flashing as I’m writing now.

·
Administrator
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yes but it must be loading something I’m not aware of. If I post it flashes and keeps flashing.
if it can be a normal progress bar with the slide across it would be less annoying.

I just posted this message and it flashes non stop afterwards. It’s actually flashing as I’m writing now.
It disappears almost instantly for me. Can I get some more information from you?
  • Which device and browser are you using? Is everything fully updated?
  • Are you using any browser plugins/extensions that block scripts/ads?
  • Have you tried clearing your browser cache?
- Cricket

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
It disappears almost instantly for me. Can I get some more information from you?
  • Which device and browser are you using? Is everything fully updated?
  • Are you using any browser plugins/extensions that block scripts/ads?
  • Have you tried clearing your browser cache?
- Cricket
Working with Mac OS high Sierra and Firefox. It does it on my phone too after posting.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Right now on my iPad it’s not happening before I post this.

now that I posted it’s doing it again.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Yes yes and yes. Just go on an iPhone iPad or Mac computer and use Firefox. What else do you need.?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I’m on chrome now. I’m going to post and see what it does.

does the same thing.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I am not certain why you are experiencing this unless there is a connectivity issue.

I am still trying to replicate it.

- Cricket
It’s part of your framework. It’s not a connectivity issue. The software.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Is anyone else seeing this?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Why is this forum letting people join with this subject matter. Wake up people. Tighten the reins. Don’t expect the local admins to keep playing goalie all day long. This is unacceptable. do something about it or I’m outta here. I’m not gonna be a part of this anymore.

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
Never saw that one Mario, until you pointed it out. Banned another one, and deleted his whacky post.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Never saw that one Mario, until you pointed it out. Banned another one, and deleted his whacky post.
I don’t expect you catch all the posts. It’s no fun having to deal with these whacky new posts. I just wanted to let the so called IT engineers what a debacle this new site is becoming. I will say one positive thing and that is Rik is posting fine. Lol

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
Is there a way to change this software, or modify it so users can delete a thread they started?
The way it's set up now if a user starts a thread or makes a post they can only edit it, not delete it. So if someone wants a thread deleted that they started, like a notice of something for sale like on Ebay, etc., they have to contact an Admin to get it deleted. Just creating more trouble for the person who started the thread, and an Admin who has to delete it later.
If the person who started a thread could delete it (like the old system allowed) it would simplify things for everyone.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I dont get the bar in any color weather I am logged on or not...the only thing I get is the crack book floater when not logged in...my thing is I have to chase around sometimes when I look at something then want to go back and post... the post seems to disappear and can not reply with out a bunch of fooling around to find it again...I am using the free badger ad block...and black chrome

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Is there a way to change this software, or modify it so users can delete a thread they started?
The way it's set up now if a user starts a thread or makes a post they can only edit it, not delete it. So if someone wants a thread deleted that they started, like a notice of something for sale like on Ebay, etc., they have to contact an Admin to get it deleted. Just creating more trouble for the person who started the thread, and an Admin who has to delete it later.
If the person who started a thread could delete it (like the old system allowed) it would simplify things for everyone.
Thanks for taking up the topic Vall. Maybe coming from an administrator the suggestion will get more traction than it did from me.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts