Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
Got a link to those tires? I went all through Coker's online catalog and they don't carry M&H Racemasters anywhere I could find. All they have is various Firestone style slicks. Even M&H themselves don't carry the old Racemaster style slicks they used to make.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vall on the coker site it has differant types of tires type in performance tires and it pulls up slicks muscle car cheater slicks etc if you can't find it e mail me and i'll help you navigate. Took me a while to find them myself. Andy

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
Nothing but skinny little 4" wide tires came up when I did a search for "performance tires". Tried searching for "cheater slicks" and no results at all. Tried "slicks" and no results. Tried a bunch of other related, but never found any "M&H cheater slicks".
Their search feature sucks.

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
I don't see the muscle car drags, but you wont be happy with those Cheater slicks for mostly street driving. I talked to John at M&H about them when I bought my drag radials, and he said they are not designed to be used for daily or even occasional street driving. They were desgned to meet NHRA classes where a DOT tire is required. He said they'd be fine for drivng just short distances to the strip, but not much more. The sidewalls and tread surface are very thing, and you wont get much wear from them either.
M&H will sell those to you cheaper than Coker, and usually give enough discount to cover postage and then some. I got the "hotrodder discount" of 10%, and they are already cheaper at M&H than Coker.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I don't see the muscle car drags, but you wont be happy with those Cheater slicks for mostly street driving. I talked to John at M&H about them when I bought my drag radials, and he said they are not designed to be used for daily or even occasional street driving. They were desgned to meet NHRA classes where a DOT tire is required. He said they'd be fine for drivng just short distances to the strip, but not much more. The sidewalls and tread surface are very thing, and you wont get much wear from them either.
M&H will sell those to you cheaper than Coker, and usually give enough discount to cover postage and then some. I got the "hotrodder discount" of 10%, and they are already cheaper at M&H than Coker.
They are under the DOT Drag header.

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
Thanks Andy! Found them. That's a discontinued tire from M&H, so I'd guess Coker bought up the remaining tires, and is selling them off now. Most the big distributors do that sort of thing. I used to buy discontinued MT tires from Summit for my Camaro in the N50-15 bias Sportsmen, but they ran out and I got the last pair a couple years ago for the rear of that car.
Not sure about any details on the Muscle Car tires, but I'd still call M&H and ask their input prior to buying them, as I'm sure they can tell you how well they'd do on a mostly street gasser.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.