Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another year gone and one I pretty much wasted. About the only thing worthwhile I did was installed the Gear Vendors unit in my 53. I hope this coming year I can get motivated to get some other parts installed and some work done on both cars.
I hope all you guys have a happy and fulfilling Christmas Day and maybe even get that "special" part you've been wanting.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Grille Automotive parking light

·
Registered
890 Posts
I am thankful I got a lot of stuff done to the car and it taught me a lot about patience. I am so excited about getting it running but I appreciate the feedback from all of you on here to make sure I get it right. We are supposed to be near 70 on Christmas eve, I may just try to get the starter fixed and try one more time!

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a fantastic new year!

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
Merry Christmas everyone!
Regardless of all the stupid crap going on this year, it was a pretty good year for me and my cars. Hope to get something done this winter, but tougher and tougher to get motivated with cold weather. Snow predicted here Christmas day! We had about 1.5" of snow Sat. night here!

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Santa Claus ...please bring me a new Blower...It can be blond or red headed, I will promise to be a good boy next year and leave the local mom's alone........:eek:

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Well at least if that happens I know to put his mouth on the intake side of the manifold. and his ass up in the air so it can catch all the air..........lol

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I picked up my Christmas gift to myself today. I decided to get my Magnum painted. The clear coat was peeling so bad that when I drove down the street it would flake and blow off in big pieces; it was almost embarrassing to be driving it because it really looked like shit. The photos don't really do it justice because the candy/metal flake doesn't really show but when the sun hits it, it sparkles.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light
Car Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
Same thing happening to my old '69 Suburban Steve! I drive down the highway and see pieces of clear coat go flying off every so often!
Your paint looks gorgeous! Love the color too. Is it the same as original color?

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Looks great who did the paint ?..and Merry Xmas to you buddy...and to every one else out there...mine got canceled due to alot of family sickness on both sides so we will do it later in the year...got a ton of food, that some will go to waste...I hate throwing food out, when people are in need

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! Vall, it's the stock color. I like it plus I didn't want to pay the difference for all the additional work if I wanted a color change. Lash, the paint was done by South Coast Paint & Body; the same place that did the red oxide primer on my Willys. I decided to spend the money for a good professional paint job because I like the car, it's reliable, it's got the Hemi, there's still things I can take care of on it and I don't really see myself paying for a new car any time in the near or distant future.
So it's all over for another year and I hope everyone had a safe, happy and enjoyable Christmas.

·
Registered
890 Posts
73 degrees here on Christmas Eve! I love those Magnums! I have wanted one forever! Looks awesome!

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
woke up to this,
We got the snow here Christmas night. After I went to bed, but it showed on our security cameras around 10:30 pm. It snowed all night, and again during the day yesterday. Then again in the evening of the 26th, and woke to a few inches of snow, and 27 degrees this morning. The dog hates it, as she can't find a place to squat, so I have to clear a spot down to the grass or she wont do her thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts