Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, newbie here from PA. Used to race sprint cars, but I'm getting too old. Current project is a '63 Nova SS. Going to build it in the gasser style for the street. We've owned it about 2 weeks, and I've got the original front end off and the new frame is in progress. Plans include a Hilborn injection that I'm going to try to convert myself to EFI, and hopefully a quick change rearend. Looking forward to getting lots of other ideas for our build.
~John~

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Love to see a project build thread for your Nova! I've always wanted to figure out how to do EFI with a tunnel ram! :)

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome to our forum John. Glad that you found us and decided to join in. Lots of info and builds here plus just a great bunch of guys all with the same passion. Gasser style cars. Show us what ya got and we can enjoy your build along with you. Mark L

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Welcome aboard John, love the older hilborn. Sounds like a nice project to convert to electronic. I have a hilborn going on soon as is. I want to taste the history of racing as it was. then I'll probably regret it. but its too good to pass up. LOL Would love to see pics of your hilborn set up and project progress along the way.
mario

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hilborn

injection1.jpg injection2.jpg injection3car.jpg The Hilborn deal is something that I -THINK- I can make work. I've read everything I can find on EFI conversions, and I'm pretty sure I can make it run, but running right might be a different story. My thing is I'm not gonna spend a million dollars to do it, it will be low buck, and DIY.

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
John, there's a friend of mine that did a Hilborn set up with all the electronics like tune port. He did this back in the early 90's and drives it everywhere. His name is Ed Kuhns he's from around Millville Pa, not to awe full far from me. He runs it in a 48 Anglia. I haven't seen him for quite sometime but let me look up some info maybe he can help.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve,
That's how I was planning on doing mine. I just horsetraded a 1992 speed density TPI setup off a Corvette. It's mostly complete and supposedly was running in an S-10. Planning on using the computer and harness and swapping all the sensors and injectors over to the Hilborn. I would definitely appreciate any advice from someone that's actually done it.
Thanks, John

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Interesting...... Love the "look" of Hilborn Injector stacks stick up thru the hood..... especially in a 1st generation Nova.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts