Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just missed getting a '63 Chevy II for only $1500! Called the day the ad came out and he said it just sold. I hope someone here got it! Would have made a cool gasser.

Attachments

·
Registered
699 Posts
Those look like some good deals. Better than what I have seen around here.

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
I thought about it seriously, but it was a different direction than I am looking. Probably regret not building a 1st gen Nova later!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I keep seeing the '55. Probably a good starting point for a race car, not so much for a streeter. No title, only paperwork and I think I'm done trying that route. Still trying to get one of my Rivs titled. PITA.

The Nova sold. He sold it to his father-in-law who said he was selling it too cheap. So now the f.i.l. wants to sell it for $1500-ish. Not sure what's up yet, and he's in Estacada. Might take a road trip this weekend.

He said only the dash is left in the interior. They ripped out the floors and it sounds like they sheet-metaled it. It is a 2-owner car with original paint and one ding on the passenger rear trunk. Might be good patina, like the green truck.

Mike

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
............. Probably regret not building a 1st gen Nova later!
An early Nova gasser is one of the cars I'd jump at having in lieu of the Opel ..... the other being the ever elusive & always too expensive Willys coupe.

·
Registered
699 Posts
The one car that I had a shot at was a 68 Shelby GT 350 in 2004. It was in decent shape but no engine and trans. I just couldn't swing 24k for a car, shelby or not that was missing so many key parts. I did want it and there is no way I could touch even one of those cars now. I got my beater Charger instead for half.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts