Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i needs to pic some brains. im running a tunnelram on the street. ok its a 350 cui 10.2 compression 461 double hump heads with 194-150 valves the intake and exaust ports have been gasket ported i have a luanati bracket master hyd cam 488/292 106 center linethe intake is an edelbrock vr1 old shcool msd 6al. 350 trans with 3200 stall 3:42 gears on a 3500 lbs car.... ok what carbs i have a pair of 450s should i go 600s????

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would definitely try the 450's first.Some guys have trouble with a big on acceleration due to the primary only accelerator pumps,but some guys work around it by using a 50cc pump kit,a larger size squirter,playing with different pump cams,or a
Combination of all the above.
Also,try it with the stock secondary metering plates,and it still seems under jetted on the secondary side,try phoning the Holley tech line to find out what the next size larger metering plate is for your carbs.

That should get you pretty close.

Scott

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
The 450's are a better size, but most 450's you find for sale are mechanical secondaries with no secondary accelerator pumps! These can be a PITA to get tuned and running right. If your 450's are the vacuum secondary style I'd definitely use them. If they aren't, then I'd either find some, or plan on putting 50cc accelerator pump kits on them, and increasing the nozzle size to around high 30's range. Be sure to check the power valve size also, and install PV that are about half the size of your engine vacuum reading in inches.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Good call on th power valves Vall....I had a brain cramp there.Im anxious to try out my 450's as soon as the 347 is built.Its gonna have enough cam,compression,and cylinder head that it might even work nice with 600's...we'll have to see what the clocks say at the track...:)

Scott

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info.. they have mech seconds im going to have them rebuilt with the info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts