Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
If the

change had teeth it would have jumped out of the screen and bit you. Looks good Lash, you're keeping the Holenator busy.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I thought the change was between the 2 photos so kept looking and looking and I couldn't find anything. You tricked me. What was it the hat on the wall was moved over?
Nah Im kidding. I went back to the progress thread to see what I thought was the grill had holes in it and you had it removed in the last photos. You sneaky Holenator you. LOL
Looks great. Nice......

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Use them or lose them

These have been sitting out in the back corner of the shop...what do you think ...I know that it is not a Gasser thing...but I think I have gone past that realm...I can cut the elbows off and move them under down turned also...... hard to tell with the truck in the shop as to the true look

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
I personally love that type of sidepipe. Unlike those with fins or grilles on them, which I don't care for. I think they're cool!

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Are there mufflers inside? I could go for the pipes. I was trying to come up with something like that for the MG. For that cobra look. But as I always do I aborted for the easy way out. Car chemistry makes cool inserts that look like gun silencers that slip into the pipe. Weld or bolt them in. I have them in my coupe header. Takes the obnoxious out of the loud exhaust.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Mario just say no...put down the crack pipe...mufflers come on now.....lol...but really with a turbo no mufflers are needed....also only one pipe will be used with a cut out they are illegal here and most states unless they are factory originals or special plated....the right side will be hooked up ...that way only the passenger will burn there legs getting out..had these type on a 65 c-10 nice chrome ones...was a 283 with no inserts and the sound was great...low and burbling... I still have burn scares on my legs from them...so I am thinking there a keeper...looks like I have a couple of good places to add mounts...and will make up a flush mount cover plate to hide the weld seams at the elbows...I made these up my self since after market ones where really costly and could not find the length I wanted...it was about five or six years ago when I purchased the 6 pieces at about $120..thanks for the input guys much appreciated

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
Back in the 70's I worked off shift as an electrician in the local foundry, and everybody in the maintenance dept. had projects they built during slow periods, or lunch time. I had my '71 Camaro, and built a pair of sidepipes out of 4" tube for my car. I used glass packs plug welded inside the tubing to quiet the sound, and reduced it down to 2.5" at the inlets. Had an S shaped pipe to get from my header collector back to the inlet on the sidepipes.
I painted them black, and drove my car into the maintenance shop one night to cut remove my exhaust, and hang these on the car. I had them on forever, and didn't remove them until I redid the whole car about a decade ago.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I also use the Car Chemistry inserts on my 53 but I've got shorty glass packs on my Willys. They also make a very cool turn out tip with their insert installed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Fenderwe...442873?hash=item3670aa4c79:g:NiQAAOSwQOFeEgyd
Those are cool Steve, I didn't know they offered turn outs for those 3 disks. you know I used the steel wool packing and wrapping tape twice but it won't last very long, at least not in the collector up front. I like the snuffed sound of the steel wool. I find it all over my back fenders because the pipes drape back at the car. :) I haven't used it again since then.

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
Looks like a 3" collector flange could be welded to those turnouts and make them a bolt on thing. Then they could be pulled at the dragstrip. Wonder how loud the sound level is with them in?

The same seller sells just the inserts in different diameters, so if you already have turnouts you could weld them in and save a good amount of money.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Exhaust-...260478?hash=item4d7b02c37e:g:rWsAAOxycmBS4o5r

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man those are some expensive motor cycle baffles...................lol

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I’ve never gotten pulled over while driving past county police. I’ve had them watch me intently as I behave driving by. Lol
Vall I bolt mine in so I can pull them at the strip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts