Gasser HotRods banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found your new forum and I can't say enough about finally finding a home for my car. After reading the post on Tri-Five about starting this I'm assuming you will include any gasser? I'm building a '63 Pontiac Catalina Gasser. This is my post on the Tri-Five site about my car. I must add though that I've was accepted with open arms by the Tri-Five guys and really appreciated that. My only change would be that I would build a '57 Pontiac Gasser versus the '63 but I'm too deep into the '63 to change that now. And it will be different.

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44346

I was hoping to find a good home with like interests. I love all gassers, original, cloned, and never made gassers. Hoping that I'm home, so thank you for starting this site. Mark L

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
Hey Mark, welcome on over. Liked your car over there and it fits even better here. How's the build progressing? Done any work on it lately? I know that I would like more play time, but work and family always come first.

Later,

Mike

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hello and Welcome Mark! Cool 63 have been following your build on TriFive and the HAMB, you'll love this site. Like you I like all makes of hot rods. Keep up the good work.

Gary

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the warm warm welcome. Yup I'm finally home. If you saw my last posts on the link I built the right side frame rail. Yesterday I cut the floor and inserted the long main rail and the rear overaxle rail and damn---it fit, what do ya know, heh!! So I started the left side and have that almost done. Still have to cut the floor on the drivers side. Pull it all out and clean off any surface rust and paint and go ahead and weld in all the rails. I was reall rollin' wen the neighbor came over. He had an accident and has no transportation, but needed a ride to the city hall to pay water and taxes etc. So everything stopped. I came back and finished the tapered end of the second main rail but did not get the drivers side floor cut out so i can final fit the rail. Damn. Alway something. But he's a good guy and he needed my help. Back to it tomorrow. Mark L

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi mark and welcome. good to have you here.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Henry and Carl. What section do you think my '63 best fits? It will see track time, will be on the street a lot, hope to take it to shows. I'm sooo confused, heh! MArk L

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I want to take the time to start a post on my car but not sure where to put it? It'll be in shows but it's not a show car, it'will be street/strip ands it is a project right now. Let me know where I should start the posts and I'll get going. Thanks for the site guys. Glad to be a part of it. Mark L

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I think it's time to get out of the new guy section and get started in my new home. I'm going to take my project over to the (ta-daa) projects section, heh. I'll start it sometime today if I have time. Things are kind of slow on the board so I thought I'd get something down in writing. See ya over there. Mark L

1 - 14 of 14 Posts