Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You all have got to get going. I need some inspiration so I can get a lot done this winter. So far it's been slow. Been working late on everybody else's junk. Was going after my front axle tomorrow morning, lock up clutch went out of my torq conv in my truck. Took it in to work, had to pick up box tubing and some 18 gauge sheet steel at lunch today. On the way home looked down at trans temp gauge, 260! So I got to pull it out. This year has pretty much sucked. One of these days I might have some updates.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, where is everybody? Remember when I said this year sucked, couldn't sleep again last night, arms, shoulders and back was killing me. So I went out to the garage about 2.00 and pulled my truck in. Figured I'd take it slow and start pulling the trans. At 5.00 it was out, sitting on the jack. I was about 15 ft away when all at once something popped and I looked around in time to see the trans hit the floor and break the bell all to hell. Now I need a case, broke to bad to weld. Borrowed a friends truck, took the trans to my trans guy and told him to do whatever. Went and picked up my front straight axle, and then to Harbor freight to get a few things. This bad luck crap has got to end sometimes soon I hope. Hope everybody else out there is having a better time than me.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
When your in a bad luck rut I find that just taking a second longer to think and look at things helps....................its the week end every body is doing there thing,

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
There has been excessive heat all across the nation lately. I don't know about anyone else but it sucks the life out of me. Can't get going. Just yesterday found out the local cruise spot came to a halt due to an incident between customer parking and a store owner. Landlord put a halt to it. What a bummer. I just got my wife to enjoy sitting with me all evening at these cruises and now it's gone. Probably till next year.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Not hot here its been raining the last week and in the 60-70's,

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Not hot here its been raining the last week and in the 60-70's,
Ok then it's most of the U.S. Excluding the west coast. What I would give for 60's and 70's. Pass some this way. :)

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Mario,
Not all the West coast. This last week we finally had a break from the 100+ degree weather we'd been having. Temps dropped to the low 90's high 80's and I started calling clients back to let them know I'd be back working. With the break in the heat I finally finished the installation of the new radiator in my 53.
Hey VHT, you got a regular name or do you prefer VHT? Not that I wish anyone bad luck but I'm relieved to hear that the dark cloud I seem to have over me might actually spread to other people. That being said, what a bitch about your bell housing. I remember decades ago me and my partner were pulling the motor from our race car, this was when I lived at home. We were using my dads old chain hoist. We get the motor up high enough to clear everything and move the car out of the way. The motor (a small block Chevy) is hanging about 5 feet in the air as we began to lower it down. About that time the cheap ass non welded links chain we were using as an engine strap pulled apart and the motor went into a 4 foot free fall. We had a deep sump 8 guart pan that took the hit. As I have mentioned in a previous post my dad was an ex sheet metal man so I asked him if he could fix it and when he was through working that pan you could hardly tell it had been crushed.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sbauman2, my name is Mike. I used vht on the 1st forum I was on and just kept it. Hope my bad luck deal is over, my wife has the outlook that God will take care of everything and I try hard to keep that attitude, I'm also proud to say that not a cuss word was said when the trans hit the floor! I think a few went through my mind though. WQe are in the 90's here but I don't complain. Winter doesn't agree with me anymore. Had a guy contact me today on my Dodge, he's building 1 for the Southeast gasser deal. He's suppose to call me back tomorrow. If it goes, I'm going to have a old coupe of some sort. May work out a deal on the 40 chevy a friend has. Don't really matter if I sell it or not. I got to have a winter project, one way or another.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Fall has hit hard here, with high temps in the 60's, and rain. My list of things I wanted to do before winter hit is still there, and I've got an equally long list of excuses! Most of my spare time has gone into working on our daughter's new home. But I'm certainly not going to complain, as I'm so thrilled to have her alive and well for me to help! Life has changed here, and I realized that the car is fun, but having her healthy and happy is also fun! I'll catch up with the upgrades to her place soon, and my projects will still be there waiting!
Still hoping to get started on the new shop before the end of the year. But if it doesn't get done, there's always next year! Once it's done, I doubt my car stuff will be as seasonal as it has been!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Back in Hell

I should have waited a day or two before I responded. Temps are back in the triple digits here in hells half acre.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
We are having a return to summer here too Steve! After a week in the 60's, and rain; we're back in the 80's and headed to 90's by week's end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts