Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Built a stand for the tube bender to get it off the bench. I still have to get some wheels for it. Have some here but there a bit to big at 61/2 inches. I'm looking at maybe 3 inches, all swivels, and locks.

I'll cover the base with some aluminum sheet after I get the base completed. It's quite stout, we used a piece of 3 1/2 inch 3/16 wall square tube and 3/16 wall 1 inch tube for the base. I tried tipping it front, back, and side to side and its quite stable.....

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Nice stand Steve, and having a bender out in an open area when you bend is a real plus! Always seems to be something that gets whacked when the tubing swings during bending!

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's just one of the reasons why I did this Vall. And the other was the bender was tying up the bench and the bench was always in the way. Now after the wheels are on I can roll the bender up against a wall somewhere out of the way, and to the middle of the floor when bending. I have a few adjustable rollers to help support the longer tubs when bending up a main hoop or halo.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts