Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple seats that came along with a '66 Impala that I traded for. They were included because the stock buckets are trash (rusted out). The problem is that I have no idea what they are from and I'd like to fix them up.

Here's the seat:

And the back - the trim looks like aluminum.

The springs are square-ish instead of rounded.

Here is a side view:

They look like early to mid '70s by the trim. They fold straight forward not diagonally.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I think they're earlier than 1970 Mike. In 1971 almost all the major auto makers went to a higher back bucket, and 1968-70 most had headrests on their buckets. I don't see any holes for headrests on those, and I'd guess they're 1964 or earlier.
The trim sure looks like the 1961-64 Chevy seat trim. Here's a trim set on Ebay to compare to:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-1962-1...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
The hokey stick trim on the seats are missing the hole at the end. I thought they kinda looked like Mopar seats. But I've never really paid much attention. I actually have a nice set over in my storage trailer I forgot about I need to get them out and cleaned up before they go to heck.

·
Registered
699 Posts
They are Ford seats for sure but look like 1966-1967 Fairlane buckets. Is there a tag on the seat? It should have a part number which will let you know. My seats are 1966 Fairlane.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vall, I have a set of '64 seats that have the wide chrome like that. They need more work and I might have them sold for about what that guy wants for just the chrome! My chrome is in as good if not better shape.

I think Isaac might be right. They look like those seats with 'new' hot rod upholstery.

Based on the side view of the trim they look the same. Are those in your car? can you see if the profile of these trim pieces match yours? That helps a lot.

Mike

·
Registered
80 Posts
those seats are 66 or 67 fairlane . the side trime is anodized and if you stripe them they polish up really nice. I did a set for my uncles 66 gt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts