·
Registered
7,672 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #568 ·
Hey everyone,

It's been a little while so here are a few updates on the '55.

1- After I had my father visit e here in soCal last month and had him take my cars out for a spin I removed the transmission out of my '55 to have it rebuilt. I had changed my pedal height at some point to level them out and forgot to double check to make sure there was no drag when the pedal was pushed in. it shifted fine which is probably why.. long story short it wore out the 2nd gear synchros and needed servicing. While it was out I attended the 3rd annual Midwest Diecast Collector Convention last weekend out in Sioux City, Iowa, and was gifted a custom hand made cartoonish replica of my car (the other designer guest received one of his car, too).

2- I had picked up the rebuilt trans just before my trip so my first chance to reinstall it was on Monday night as I was trying to get the car ready for event earlier today. I put it in, and on Tuesday night I added fluid, checked the clutch pedal for proper disengagement and then went for a test drive. After I came back I parked it and came back to it to discover a puddle in my driveway. I looked up and the trans was leaking. Pics below of what I saw before and after wiping it clean to inspect it. So on Wednesday night it came back out and I elected to pull it apart myself to realize that the numbskull who worked on it didn't fully seal the front cover. Pics below of the missing sealant. So I cleaned it and resealed it myself, reinstalled it Thursday night, and added fluid on Friday after work, tested fro disengagement and went for a drive. All seemed good so today I drove to Riverside, Ca, for the event (about 60 miles each way)

3- Attended a "House of Cars" store opening. It's what's becoming a chain of diecast shops around the country for those who collect diecast vehicles and other collectibles. Inside the store was a bunch of freehand airbrushed painted cars and murals, one of which was of my '55. I also came home without issue, too, and plan to do another car event tomorrow morning, too.

Jeans Smile Shirt T-shirt Event
Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle
Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Gas Tread Auto part Bumper
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle
Product Motor vehicle Automotive tire Engineering Gas
Gear Automotive tire Engineering Bicycle part Machine
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle
Jeans Smile Shirt T-shirt Event
Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle
Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Gas Tread Auto part Bumper
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle
Product Motor vehicle Automotive tire Engineering Gas
Gear Automotive tire Engineering Bicycle part Machine
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #570 ·
this came in the mail today. It's the Red Line Club version of my '55 gasser that was made available to order last fall on the Hot Wheels Red Line Club website. I'm sure that these will soon be available on ebay for those that want one, lol
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
695 Posts
Not an A/gas car. Sorry! Blower makes it AA/G. IHRA and AHRA classed it as AA/GS for a few years. Ask the old guys. Like me. And have old rule books.

·
Administrator
13,765 Posts
Not an A/gas car. Sorry! Blower makes it AA/G. IHRA and AHRA classed it as AA/GS for a few years. Ask the old guys. Like me. And have old rule books.
His car doesn't have a blower. It's a tunnel ram, so would be correct to be A/G.
But technically the A/G was used for blown cars from 1955 to 1960 also. Then in 1960 it became A/GS through 1965 when it became AA/G. Then in 1968 it became AA/GS until the end.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Vall, you beat me to it. When I read the post from Scott I thought there's some misinformation. I wasn't going to quote the different years that the designations were changed, I don't know them, only what the designations meant re: supercharged vs non supercharged.

·
Administrator
13,765 Posts
Vall, you beat me to it. When I read the post from Scott I thought there's some misinformation. I wasn't going to quote the different years that the designations were changed, I don't know them, only what the designations meant re: supercharged vs non supercharged.
I knew all the designations used, but had to look up the years they were used in. But since Bredon's '55 isn't supercharged it's kind of a moot point.

561 - 579 of 579 Posts