Gasser HotRod Forums banner
541 - 547 of 547 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Thanks for posting about the show at the Lions museum. I hadn't heard about it. I've been wanting to go but haven't made it; now it'll be double fun.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #544 ·
Thanks for posting about the show at the Lions museum. I hadn't heard about it. I've been wanting to go but haven't made it; now it'll be double fun.
It'll be my first time there, too. Long overdue!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #545 ·
Well, this weekend was a success. I drove the '55 down to San Diego and attended the Good Guys show in Del MAr. FITech was kind enough to invite me down, hook me up with tix and let me park in their spot. The '55 was a crowd pleaser and drew folks in all day. Then I got in and drove it home too. Traffic was a bit rougher on the way home but other than consuming some fuel, it worked well. I didn't take many pics of my car there, but I know others did and pics are starting to show up online.

I did discover a drip of gear oil in my garage the next day, but it turns out it came up through the overflow vent/ hose and dribbled into the trunk and leaked back down. I may look into a catch can for it, but I also don't know how much gear oil was added as it had the original fluid from the axle builder.

My car is 500 miles now so I'll be changing that soon- after the Hot Wheels convention this upcoming weekend. I did get the engine oil changed, and will address the trans and diff after I get back.

On a side note, I don't think I have a drain on my 9" housing, and I do not wish to take the wheels/ brakes/ axles and carrier out just to drain fluid. I've seen some folks drill and tap a thread for either a plug or pipe thread fitting. suggestions welcomed for that. If I did this I'd do it to the side to not interfere with jacking or be the low hanging piece dead center under the pumpkin.

Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Car

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
This is cool- the folks from Gassers West used a pic of my car to advertise their upcoming event over at the Lions Automobilia Foundation Museum. I'm looking forward to going to this

View attachment 107614
Brendon,
I called the museum to find out about parking for vehicles with trailers. I was told that the museum wasn't opening their mian parking lot because this wasn't a museum event. I had to go up to that general area yesterday so I thought I'd check it out. It's in an industrial building that's at the intersection of Del Amo and Santa FE about 4 blocks west of the Long Beach freeway. There is absolutely no street parking in either direction on Del Amo and Santa Fe is marked "no parking" all the way south of Del Amo with very limited street parking to the North. I googled Gassers West and there is no email address nor a phone number, just a facebook connection. I'm not on any social media platforms so I can't contact them. Is there any chance you can and get some information about parking and post it here, thanks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #547 ·
Brendon,
I called the museum to find out about parking for vehicles with trailers. I was told that the museum wasn't opening their mian parking lot because this wasn't a museum event. I had to go up to that general area yesterday so I thought I'd check it out. It's in an industrial building that's at the intersection of Del Amo and Santa FE about 4 blocks west of the Long Beach freeway. There is absolutely no street parking in either direction on Del Amo and Santa Fe is marked "no parking" all the way south of Del Amo with very limited street parking to the North. I googled Gassers West and there is no email address nor a phone number, just a facebook connection. I'm not on any social media platforms so I can't contact them. Is there any chance you can and get some information about parking and post it here, thanks.
I will look into that

541 - 547 of 547 Posts