Gasser HotRod Forums banner

441 - 448 of 448 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
I am dreading putting in a new windshield.....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #442 ·
Flattering to have people rip off the design so quickly. Any idea who these people are doing this?
Always wondered why so many Hot Wheels gasser theme cars have big fat front tires/wheels? Doesn't Hot Wheels make any narrower wheels and tires for these?
Yeah, I am flattered by it. Not sure who made the decals on ebay, but several folks that follow me on IG have asked me about making one, or have tagged me to those that have. To me, it's all good. I'll take the attention. As for skinnier wheels, yes, we do for both mainline and premium. The mainline version can be seen on this other casting I worked on- the '64 Nova gasser wagon (graphics team assigns the wheels) and the '55 typically gets skinner front wheels in the premium lines when they use the rubber tires.

64-nova-gasser-hwdt-header.jpg

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #443 ·
I am dreading putting in a new windshield.....
after watching them, I might be willing to help someone now that I have an idea and saw how they worked it to get it to fit, but no way would I attempt it on my own.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Vall,
You're right about the Hot Wheels cars and the tires. There's a newer company in the 1/64 scale gasser now, M2. I think these cars put the Hot Wheels cars to shame. I haven't purchased any because I still like the 1/24 and 1/18 scale cars.

·
Administrator
13,197 Posts
Vall,
You're right about the Hot Wheels cars and the tires. There's a newer company in the 1/64 scale gasser now, M2. I think these cars put the Hot Wheels cars to shame. I haven't purchased any because I still like the 1/24 and 1/18 scale cars.
That 55 looks cool until you enlarge it and see how horrible the door to body gaps are!

·
Administrator
13,197 Posts
after watching them, I might be willing to help someone now that I have an idea and saw how they worked it to get it to fit, but no way would I attempt it on my own.
I put all my own glass in myself simply because the estimates for glass work, and the attitudes I got from various installers forced me to. I've rarely dealt with such a bunch of overpriced prima donnas in my life!
Fortunately my glass was all flat, and except for the windshield glass it all went in easily. And the windshield was only a problem because the seller made it too large for the openings.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I think there is somebody, Hot Wheels?, making some of the southeast gasser cars is what I heard. Don't know if it's true or not. Car is coming along great!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #448 ·
I think there is somebody, Hot Wheels?, making some of the southeast gasser cars is what I heard. Don't know if it's true or not. Car is coming along great!
It is us, Hot Wheels. I'm proud to say helped arrange it, too. So far we've produced the '64 Nova gasser wagon (3 colors) and we have a few premium items that will be out soon, if not already. I have plans for more, too.

441 - 448 of 448 Posts