Gasser HotRod Forums banner

421 - 435 of 435 Posts

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
That's a nice mount that gives better angles to the pulleys than the high mount does. So belts have better contact area, and don't slip as easily and don't need to be as tightly tensioned.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #424
That's a nice mount that gives better angles to the pulleys than the high mount does. So belts have better contact area, and don't slip as easily and don't need to be as tightly tensioned.
cool, yeah, I don't want to deal with throwing belts. Had a friend once with a new 502 in his El Camino. He was revving it up (hood open in the parking lot at work showing it off) and I saw the belt fly up- completely vertical in a perfectly round circle shape, land a few feet in front of the car while still completely vertical and maintaining a nice round shape for about 4 seconds... then gained traction and shot a good 10-15 cars distance down the parking lot. one of the funniest belt throwing events I've ever witnessed.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
I spent some time in my driveway this weekend working on the car. It doesn't look like much, but I was able to assemble the front calipers, bend the front brake lines, and bend the rear brake lines, too. All that's missing is one proper sizes adaptor from the proportioning valve to the real line which is on order and that'll be done (zip ties currently holding it in place). I made some progress on bending the hard fuel lines, too. Also realized I needed AN fittings for that, too, which now are on order. Then I got side tracked today and ended up completing the parking brake assembly all to realize that I can't really pull it now that it's assembled. Will have to look into it later. Perhaps I have too many bends in the cables? It's not critical that it be working at this moment, but having it in place will be good as I work on the exhaust system. Also added the alternator which Im happy with the location, and ordered a few more electrical items which is why I'm paused on that part of the assembly right now. I also took measurements for a driveshaft which I still need to get.

IMG_E8940lr.jpg
IMG_E8941lr.jpg
IMG_E8942lr.jpg
IMG_E8946lr.jpg
IMG_E8947lr.jpg
IMG_E8948lr.jpg
IMG_E8949lr.jpg
IMG_E8952lr.jpg
IMG_E8953lr.jpg
IMG_E8954lr.jpg

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Really nice looking! All those little final details take time, and a lot more money as you buy all those little fittings!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
Really nice looking! All those little final details take time, and a lot more money as you buy all those little fittings!
yeah they do! I swear I'm ordering something every single day...

·
Registered
645 Posts
Don't you just love the little stuff? It adds up really fast to in $$$$. I will say looking at the car that it'll all be worth it! One really nice gasser, you should be proud. Also thanks, you reminded me to order my mid mount alt bracket!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #431
This weekend I finished up mounting the larger sections of the fuel lines and started on my exhaust system. I was able to get it all mocked up and in place and it's just tacked together right now. There'll be 2 sections that are clamped together which will allow me to take this apart, and the rest will be welded up. Will need to take this back off so I can thoroughly weld it, trim the hangers and install the clamps. I also need to install one O2 bung for the fuel injection system, too. I do plan to paint it with some hi temp black paint to help minimize the flash rust and keep it subdued.

As for the fuel lines, I have two smaller hard lines to run up behind the engine already made, and all that's left are making the flexible lines to the engine and to the fuel tank itself. I'll be using braided PTFE hose. I figure if I get time after work to work on this projects like that are manageable, and quiet during the evening hours to do. Not so much with cutting and grinding exhaust tubing :ROFLMAO:

MSJR2115lr.jpg
IMG_E9007lr.jpg
SDAX2316lr.jpg
IMG_E8994lr.jpg
IMG_E8993lr.jpg
BHXI1598lr.jpg
IMG_E9002lr.jpg
IMG_E9004lr.jpg
IMG_E9005lr.jpg
IMG_E9008lr.jpg

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Beautiful job and attention to detail Brendon. I’m curious are you using 3/8 fuel line? I love the exhaust setup With the cutouts.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
Beautiful job and attention to detail Brendon. I’m curious are you using 3/8 fuel line? I love the exhaust setup With the cutouts.
Thank you, and yes. The folks at Fitech said that's all I needed. I have the supplies for 1/2 lines but even the pump itself (Tanks, Inc. PA-5, 340 lph) has an-6 lines so it'd be a bottle neck there if I used bigger, so I didn't.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
One nice thing I like about the paint is...if you scratch it no one is going to know...nice work

421 - 435 of 435 Posts