Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured i might oughta throw up a video to break in the new sight .

Ive not traced it down to the exact point in time . But im pretty sure this clip years and years ago is what made me NUTS over axled 55 chevys. And tri fives in general .

·
Registered
374 Posts
That 55 BETTER own that deuce!!! 427 vs 327? I know it could be possible, but not very likely.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Paradise road from american graffiti. Thats one of my favorite clips from that movie.
And yes, I was rooting for the 55.Too bad about the outcome.
Great movie.

·
Registered
425 Posts
guys i sure like this movie but they sure were lost for words, unless it was about jets. i still watch it.does any one know where some of the shots were made? i have a brother that lives in king man az. we've been by a lot of the places.

·
Registered
14 Posts
guys i sure like this movie but they sure were lost for words, unless it was about jets. i still watch it.does any one know where some of the shots were made? i have a brother that lives in king man az. we've been by a lot of the places.
Heres a link to some of the filming locations for you http://twolaneblacktop.yuku.com/forums/78/t/Filming-Locations-Then-And-Now.html

Oh and thanks Mac ...AG and TLB were the two movies that inspired me the most ...never get tired of em !

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
My favorite all time car movie. I've never looked into all the internet info about it till you guys brought it up. It was really interesting to see the film locations then and now. Kind of like going back to your old home town that you left 30 years ago and trying to find all the great spots in town that you remember. Nice thing about a movie like that is you CAN go back and relive it. Thanks for bringing this all back. It gives you a good feeling. Mark L

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your Welcome KIWI .

Yeah i remember walking into the living room somewhere around the age of 7 when this was playing on tv . I sat down and watched , within 2 years i could quote the movie line for line . My locker at school was lined with pictures of 55 Chevys and Project X.
It was years later before i found out about 2 lane blacktop and then once i got the internet and got to learn that they were the same cars and all the history that went with them , Pretty neat stuff.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I was fortunate to see AG the first time at our local drive-in theatre. Saw alotta great car movies there like, Two Lane, Eat My Dust, Thunder and Lightning, Seven Ups, to name a few. Got to watch it all from our 55 Chevy. Sure do miss that place. THAT was family nite!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
My favorite fun car movie is still "Hollywood Nights" and AG next. Bestest car chase is still bullet. And then there were lots that should never have been put on tape. But the good ones hold us together. Mark L

1 - 17 of 17 Posts