Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an interesting video I ran across. It starts out with them pushing a Mustang around, which has nothing to do with the video. But then gets into how he uses glazing putty and his homemade "bow sander" to get a nice finish on a BW gas tank. The tips he mentions are interesting, and some can apply to working rounded areas on our cars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Azr7LW0nbI#t=441

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Thanks! I like the phone book idea but I think that I already recycled all of them! :D The bow sander is cool. I have a bunch of fancy foam ones but that is elegantly simple. I have a busted ladder back chair so I have at least 4 sanders possible.

I was talking to my wife the other day while looking something up on the interwebs about how easy it is to find anything about anything at anytime... thousands of results for each query. It is truly a remarkable time to be alive.

Mike

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I like the phone book idea but I think that I already recycled all of them! :D The bow sander is cool. I have a bunch of fancy foam ones but that is elegantly simple. I have a busted ladder back chair so I have at least 4 sanders possible.

I was talking to my wife the other day while looking something up on the interwebs about how easy it is to find anything about anything at anytime... thousands of results for each query. It is truly a remarkable time to be alive.

Mike
Yes, it certainly is! I remember trying to get an answer about how to do something on a car 40 years ago, and either not being able to find someone who knew the answer, or finding someone, and they wouldn't give me the answer. Now it's a few minutes on the computer and you're an expert! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts