Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I sold one of my projects and I have the funds to get the Bend Pak lift that I have been waiting for. I built the shop with the intention of putting one in.

But, I've been looking at a 177 Blower (I know it's not the big daddy, but it's what I can afford) for the '55. It appears to be a simple enough install and I've always thought it would be cool to have a blown motor.

Which onna dees?

argh!

Mike

·
Registered
374 Posts
Buy the lift. The lift can make you money doing side work. You'll use the lift WAY more than the blower.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I know I should buy the lift first. Every time I'm under a car I think how much easier the job would be if I had the lift. It's always a dilemma. What to spend your limited car money on this time.

If I decide to get the blower, it will snow ball into a better tranny and rear end. Then the brakes won't be enough. The lift may be cheaper in the long run. I do like the side work idea. It would be easy to do exhaust and trans work.

I'm still thinking it through... thanks for the input.

Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would buy the lift. I am looking for a second one because my long term project keeps mine tied up too long. I really don't know how I got along without it.You'll throw your creeper over the fence,,,,,,

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
I'd always buy the tools or equipment first! I can always save more for car parts, but tools I can use on everything, and use right away! A lift would be sweet!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will go with the majority on this one, projects will get done in half the time and your knees and back will thank you!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Get the lift---but trade it for a bigger blower--heh. I think differently than most. Honestly. I'd get the lift since over time it will pay for it's self on so many ways. Like you said. The blower means much more after the original sale. You can still do that later and like was already said, make some money on the side. I'd even rent it out for friends to use while you are sitting watching football!!! Make a buck or two. Call it the "Blower Fund". Mark L

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...I am looking for a second one because my long term project keeps mine tied up too long. I really don't know how I got along without it.You'll throw your creeper over the fence,,,,,,
I'm afraid of the lift being tied up also. That's why I plan on putting it in the middle bay. It will hopefully keep me from leaving things on it. I like the creeper thought...

Get the lift---but trade it for a bigger blower--heh.
Hahahaha...

I will go with the majority on this one, projects will get done in half the time and your knees and back will thank you!
My knees and back hurt enough already. Think I'll get a tranny jack too.

I'd always buy the tools or equipment first! I can always save more for car parts, but tools I can use on everything, and use right away! A lift would be sweet!
Yeah, I'm sure I'll get the lift. I know my friends want me to...

Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's like owning a pickup truck or winning the lottery, you don't realize how many "friends" you have until get one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
like your saying on the signature & your T-bird is definitly high quality,

I myself would go for the lift ,although having a # of blown cars there is nothing like it when stick your foot in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts