Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
13,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a neat little video link Rob Stuart sent me today. It's the Snake Don Prudhome warming up the restored Austin A 40 gasser that was Big John Mazmanian's! It's just fun to see it looking and sounding so great!
Big John was always a favorite of mine, and the reason I have such a love affair with Austin gassers. It was also a strong influence in deciding the paint scheme on my Austin A10!
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=820701007997658&fref=nf

·
Administrator
13,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does sound great, but not quite as radical as I remember in the original car. Might just be my memory.

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
That was awesome. Thanks for posting. Wish I could own one like that.

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
It does sound great, but not quite as radical as I remember in the original car. Might just be my memory.
It didn't sound like they were running nitro. It sounded like alcohol. Maybe when you heard it in the past they mixed nitro. That crackle is distinctive in the old hemis.

·
Administrator
13,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It didn't sound like they were running nitro. It sounded like alcohol. Maybe when you heard it in the past they mixed nitro. That crackle is distinctive in the old hemis.
Since it ran as a gas class car most the time, I believe they only ran gas, but may have mixed some fuel for match races. And I wish I had that car, or one exactly like it! At least I can dream of it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts